News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Only $7,000

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, January 13, 2018, 10:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1956-cadillac-2dr-ht/6457288006.html

No $$$ interest. OK guys, don't try to thank me for finding this. I was glad to do it. I know that all of you, once you see this car will be on the road to southern Indiana in the morning. I passed on it simply because I don't have the room for it. Gay even wanted me to buy it, but I told her that I have to stop collecting somewhere. She stopped crying after about an hour. She remembered our gold '56 Fleetwood and thought since this one needs paint (and everything else) that we could paint it that color.

Now remember, the first guy that gets there is going to buy it, so no fighting over it. (It's 10:30 at night, and I've run out of balderdash...) What a thing to find on the Forum on a quiet Sunday morning!
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Lexi

They posted 2 pictures of the 'car'. One is of a 1956 Cadillac and the other is of a 1955 Cadillac. Wonder which one is really the main car and which is the parts car? Regardless, perhaps I am missing something but this does not look like a deal to me. Please tell us you were joking Barry???!!!Clay/Lexi

The Tassie Devil(le)

Notice how Barry went to bed as soon as he posted it?   Probably made himself sick looking at it.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   I have purchased cars to fix up, and ended up using it as the parts car when I found a better one.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Lexi

I did notice that Bruce, LOL. I don't think I would pay even half the asking price for these cars, based on the ad. That said, although the '55 and '56 Cadillac look superficially similar, one is not a good choice as a parts car for the other. Some smaller parts would be interchangeable but there would also be a lot of non-compatibility with many other parts as well. Not a good match. These cars are over priced and should be sold separately. Clay/Lexi

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Clay, you need to watch "Big Bang" a lot more to take lessons in sarcasm. I saw that (them?) and just couldn't resist.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

35-709

"I know that all of you, once you see this car will be on the road to southern Indiana in the morning."

Stop!  Stop!  You're killing me here!
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

35-709

Guess the '55 is the "parts car", good luck with that.  '55 might be the better one to restore condition-wise.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Lexi

OMG Barry I already watch Big Bang Theory. No hope for me. Clay/Lexi