News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Laurie, eat your heart out... 1970 Brougham $9200. Sun Roof, too.

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, January 06, 2018, 10:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bobby B

WOW....Nicely kept car! Wonder what else is lurking inside the building in the background?
                                                                                   Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

BJM

chrisntam

Nicely optioned!

I wish I had a "need" for it.

The exhaust leak means the head has to come off, exhaust bolts will be broken.

The seat covers.... Ugh.  WTH?  Really?

It'd be a good driver until the seats can be "corrected".

Wonder what the toggle switch is for under the left side of the dash is for...

Keep these coming Barry!  Thanks!   8)

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cape Cod Fleetwood

"eat my heart out"? LOL!
I have the car my dad had and the extra $7200 in my pocket!
Laurie!  ;)
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Laurie, don't you wish you could have "all" of them? There's an '86 Seville 70 miles or so from me with electrical problems for $500. What on earth would I need that for? But I'll probably still drive up and look at it when the weather breaks.

Keep plugging away with your research. I have a friend in Boston that I spoke to the other day, and I guess you folks really got hammered last week. I need a part for my LH door and he happens to work in that suburb. But to date, the guy hasn't returned his calls to see the part. I guess I'll call him again this evening and tell him that all he needs to do is take the part off and my friend will mail it to me.

Stay warm and dry. Spring will arrive one of these days. BW
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on January 12, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
Laurie, don't you wish you could have "all" of them? There's an '86 Seville 70 miles or so from me with electrical problems for $500. What on earth would I need that for? But I'll probably still drive up and look at it when the weather breaks.

Keep plugging away with your research. I have a friend in Boston that I spoke to the other day, and I guess you folks really got hammered last week. I need a part for my LH door and he happens to work in that suburb. But to date, the guy hasn't returned his calls to see the part. I guess I'll call him again this evening and tell him that all he needs to do is take the part off and my friend will mail it to me.

Stay warm and dry. Spring will arrive one of these days. BW

Boston, points west and south got hammered by snowappalooza. The Cape (me) got an inch of slush.
50 degrees and heavy rain now, they'll have some big flooding problems. What shop near Boston does
your friend work for/in? You can never have to many contacts.

I'm a lot of things, greedy isn't one of them. I am so blessed, so grateful for this Fleetwood, it means the world to me.
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Laurie, My friend is Lester Wax, one of our former Presidents. He lives in Sharon and is probably in the book. He works in Bridgewater. If you haven't already joined CLC, you really need to. Our Directory is invaluable, especially when you're on the road. Our roadside assistance is not as prompt as AAA or OnStar, but you can usually find someone to help you if you have a problem/breakdown while touring.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on January 13, 2018, 09:30:36 AM
Laurie, My friend is Lester Wax, one of our former Presidents. He lives in Sharon and is probably in the book. He works in Bridgewater. If you haven't already joined CLC, you really need to. Our Directory is invaluable, especially when you're on the road. Our roadside assistance is not as prompt as AAA or OnStar, but you can usually find someone to help you if you have a problem/breakdown while touring.

Barry I appreciate that, but I am one independent woman. I'd never impale myself on a complete stranger in such an instance. I have AAA Premier, they'll get us home eventually then its Scott's problem. But thank you!
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Independent or not, Laurie, when you join our group, your first impulse is to help. When going to the last Boston meet, I was sitting at the light waiting to go on the Mass Turnpike from the NY Thruway and saw up past the intersection, a pair of 1949 Cadillacs. I pulled over on the shoulder ahead of them and asked if they needed help. They were fine, but gave a wave and a "We're OK."

All AAA does is pull up and ask to see your card. With us, you might get someone who actually knows what they're doing and at least some genuine sympathy. Your car is your "introduction." In fifty four years of belonging to the CLC I can count on one hand's fingers members that I'd not care to associate with again. So don't put all your faith in AAA. You've just touched the tip of the ice berg in what the CLC will mean to you over the years to come.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on January 14, 2018, 08:47:30 AM
Independent or not, Laurie, when you join our group, your first impulse is to help. When going to the last Boston meet, I was sitting at the light waiting to go on the Mass Turnpike from the NY Thruway and saw up past the intersection, a pair of 1949 Cadillacs. I pulled over on the shoulder ahead of them and asked if they needed help. They were fine, but gave a wave and a "We're OK."

All AAA does is pull up and ask to see your card. With us, you might get someone who actually knows what they're doing and at least some genuine sympathy. Your car is your "introduction." In fifty four years of belonging to the CLC I can count on one hand's fingers members that I'd not care to associate with again. So don't put all your faith in AAA. You've just touched the tip of the ice berg in what the CLC will mean to you over the years to come.

Thanks Barry!
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville