News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for help in weatherstripping the vent window on my 1956 Cadillacs

Started by carguyblack, April 12, 2015, 09:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Does anyone have a picture or two of the front door vent window seals to the car? I believe there is a seal that attaches to the leading edge of the vent frame and also another that is on the windshield post. I purchased a seal pair from Steele but that rubber in and of itself won't do the job, I'm certain. There is not nearly enough to fill the air gap I would have. Not sure of the  mounting either.
Thanks for any help,
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

55 cadi

Hello Chuck,

I just purchased Steele rubber products and wasn't sure of application on one piece so I called up Steele rubber and Trent is the person you want to contact, and he sent me a picture of an actual Cadillac with the seal on it and a narrow pointing to where it goes.

Give him a call at Steele rubber and ask for Trent.

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

carguyblack

Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

harascho

Good morning folks,
I had to dig out that thread 'cause I'm stuck in the same situation as chuck. Could anyone post some pics how the two pieces of the weatherstripping, one on the door's vent window, the other on the windshield frame / A-post work to seal that gap? Right now I only have the one on the door side and that results in terrible wind noises when driving...
thx a lot
cheers
Harald

cadman56

I am thinking the piece you are referring to is a glue on piece.  It glues to the windshield pillar, open side to the inside of the car.  It  actually hides the small screws that help attach the inside vertical trim.
  The inside vertical corner or edge of the vent assembly should close on this piece when the door is closed.
  Don't cut it off too short on the bottom either.
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820