News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

looking for a low miles 84-85 Seville

Started by collector, May 29, 2018, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

collector

Anyone selling an 84-85 low miles Seville? Want one that is original paint and interior. Please let me know. Not into any aftermarket modifications, solid RED, Blue,Black or beige interiors. Also,NO dummy tops. Thank you in advance.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Do you really want an HT4100?  ??? 

80/81 with 6.0 liter is far more preferable in this generation Seville.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I have a CLC National First Prize winning 1981 Seville in brown over gold. It has the Buick V-6 engine. Sunroof, tan velour interior. No problems. New plastic all around. New tires. I might be tempted to sell it. $7500 firm. Converted to 134a. 86K (Sorry, it has been re-sprayed before I bought it.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

collector

I prefer the HT 4100 engine. I've had several when new and still have a few and have never had issue. I know if you put in the cam button from a 4.9 you will never get the cam knock. As for the pre 84 model, I am not a fan of the interior seat sew pattern. I prefer the Biarritz seating. That's why I want an 84-85 only

Quote from: collector on June 07, 2018, 09:53:20 PM
I prefer the HT 4100 engine.

Never thought I'd live to see that statement.  :o

Appreciate the fact you know what you want in terms of upholstery style. I take it Elegante' version is disqualified then - even if 84/85.

Good luck in you search. I'm sure there are still a few "minties" still in the wild in a bustleback 84/85.

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

collector

Thanks but the white must have a white leather interior and it must be in excellent original condition. Thanks, keep tying please! Your help is much appreciated.

FYI the only issue that the 4100 suffered was from a lack of a cam button (which is easily remedied). Keep the tabs in the coolant and you will have years of excellent motoring.

Leaking head & intake gaskets are only part of the story. Annual coolant servicing (with the mandatory pellets) is still no guarantee against head gasket failure but no doubt will help to prevent it.

Aluminum main bearings used in original supplied engines not as robust as used in [updated] Goodwrench replacements. Crankshaft breakage and soft camshafts too.

Worst part is there's a good chance the steel head bolts have galvanized themselves to the aluminum after 30 years of being tightly mated together. Heaven forbid top engine work needed, chunks of your engine block will break off when removing head bolts and the engine is effectively finished.

Early "Metric" 4 speed OD not one of the better transmissions either.  The 3 speed THM 350 of 80/81 is far and away more durable. Worst of all, the 4100 barely gave a 3 MPG advantage over the same cars with 6.0 liter, for all the grief it caused over the years.

Personally I'd never own one again.