News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Two-tone paint scheme on 40 60s

Started by Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850, February 17, 2005, 09:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bothwell CLC # 20850

I recently received an article on the 1940 60s which featured a two-tone painted car. My 60s was originally color combination #13, but was painted a solid green after Granddad wrecked it in 1947.
 My question is: Did the top color also come across the top of the doors on the raised bead? The example shown in the magazine article was painted this way. I had never thought about it before, and I have never seen another two-toned forty to compare it with - nor have I ever seen any magazine ads showing a two-tone painted car.
 Im going to get mine painted soon and would like it to be as it came from the factory.
Thanks,
Bob B.

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hi, Bob
I have seen 41s painted both ways. The full custom in CA...Never can think of his name when I need it, has it painted with the top color INCLUDING  the raised part. However, I like the usual way with the raised part body color all the way around the car, and then the top color coming to the top of it, like you mention, so you get the emphasis on the dip between the doors.