News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Can a power astroroof be installed?

Started by Michael, March 09, 2005, 09:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Good morning, I ve just purchased a 79 Fleetwood Brougham DElegance (1 owner, 11,000 miles, showroom cond. in/out). The car has every possible option from 79 with the exception of the astroroof. My question, "Can a power astroroof now be installed?"
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you. Michael

Dick Heller

Look in your local yellow pages, its done all the time.

Dick

Dave Smith

I had a 1974 Eldorado coupe that I had a power glass sunroof put in.  It wasnt cheap but it sure was nice!   Triple white with red carpet and dash.  I wonder where it is now?   It was last seen in Simsbury, Connecticut.

George Woodford clc21025

Why would you want to install an astroroof in this wonderful car as is? It would no longer be originally correct.  I like the astroroofs very much too, but I would not think of doing this to my 1978 Fleetwood Brougham, 8,425 mile car.

Dave Miller

I think any Cadillac/Lincoln is incomplete w/o astroroof.  Does your 1978 Fleetwood Brougham have options such as wire wheel covers, tilt, cruise, etc.?

Quote from: George Woodford clc21025Why would you want to install an astroroof in this wonderful car as is? It would no longer be originally correct.  I like the astroroofs very much too, but I would not think of doing this to my 1978 Fleetwood Brougham, 8,425 mile car.

Barry Wheeler #2189

I wont mention that I would think very long and hard before cutting into such an original car...Whoops, I did so, didnt I?
Anyway, when I got my wife our one new Cadillac in 1995, it had a roof, and we seldom used it.
Also, as a Past President (we judge original cars at the GN), I would love to help judge your car as it is, and maybe award a 1st place trophy on it at a Grand National, which would be almost impossible to do after being altered with an aftermarket accessory roof, new headliner, etc, etc, etc. Once you alter a nice original car, sadly, it is no longer that, no matter how nice it may remain and how professionally the job was done.

George Woodford clc21025

Yes, it has the options you specifically state.  Other options included are 8-track, twilight sentinel, 6-way power seats with power recliner, leather seating, rear window defroster, etc.  I have the turbine wheel covers, too.  It still has the paper bar code label on the valve pan  cover.  Everything works on this all original car.