News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Want To Buy 1959 Cadillac Limousine - good driver quality

Started by Bill Caddyshack, December 10, 2014, 07:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Caddyshack

WTB 1959 Cadillac Limousine with divider glass. Would give attention to a Series 75, but not my first choice.

Would like a good quality driver, complete as possible. Am serious buyer with cash. Black or dark color.

What do you have? Or know about?

Send me a PM and thanks!

Walter Youshock

I wouldn't mind having one myself.   Simply the most beautiful and perfectly proportioned '59.  The high roof and length take enough shock away from the finest that the car is art.

Both the sedan and limousine are series 75s.  You want the formal with divider and leather front seat.

Amazing how many fully equipped '59 limos have been up for sale with cruise, air and even air suspension.

Best of luck!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Series75

What about the two that were just on eBay over the last 4 weeks?  No good?   One sold for $10k the other $20k.  Tom clc#6866

Bill Caddyshack

Quote from: Series75 on December 10, 2014, 08:02:54 PM
What about the two that were just on eBay over the last 4 weeks?  No good?   One sold for $10k the other $20k.  Tom clc#6866

I was high bidder on the for $20k, but the seller got flakey about delivering it and said the paperwork didn't match the frame VIN #. Something fishy there I think.  He did refund my money.

It was a Series 75, not actually considered a Limo, (no divider window, and a few other things) but I would have taken it.

What do you think about my 1958 Cadillac Imperial Sedan Derham Fleetwood Limousine? Does have divider window. (I love long names)

jdemerson

!958 Cadillac Derham 75 Limousine (photo above)

That is a magnificent car!  I had a sense of deja vu when I looked at the photo, and found it on the Cadillac Database under dream cars. Here is a link to the page but you would need to scroll down near the bottom.

http://cadillacdatabase.com/Dbas_txt/Drm58.htm

Was there an article on the 50s Derham-bodied Cadillacs in Self-Starter?  I would think these are very rare models. I wonder what the last Cadillacs are that Derham did?

There was a 1959 limo at Lake George -- magnificent and prize-winner. I don't recall if it had the divider partition. I also saw a 1959 Limo in September at a local show in Branford, CT. That one was a nice car and a driver. Possibly someone else will have more infrormation.

John Emerson
CLC # 26790
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Bill Caddyshack

Quote from: jdemerson on December 23, 2014, 11:47:53 AM
!958 Cadillac Derham 75 Limousine (photo above)

That is a magnificent car!  I had a sense of deja vu when I looked at the photo, and found it on the Cadillac Database under dream cars. Here is a link to the page but you would need to scroll down near the bottom.

http://cadillacdatabase.com/Dbas_txt/Drm58.htm

John Emerson
CLC # 26790

Yes, that is our Limo, if you look around, you will see our 1958 Cadillac Eureka Flower car and our strange silver with pinstriped 1958 Fleetwood sixty special converted into a flower car in the pro-car collection. Yann has asked me to get some better pictures of the Eureka.

Want to add a 1959 Limo to the herd! :)

gross707

Here's one on Craigslist.
Gerald Ross

Bill Caddyshack

Quote from: gross707 on December 28, 2014, 04:22:41 AM
Here's one on Craigslist.

Thanks, but this is the one I already bought on eBay and the seller after ten days of me trying to get it shipped, told me it does not have clear paperwork. Something extremely fishy here! Did refund my money. But something throughout the whole process felt very wrong. Seller told me his website was Adessa.com, it was there, but it was pulled.

I called this CL number a few weeks ago - different number than the ebay seller -  and the craigslist seller told me it was sold. Same craigslist seller has a 1958 Cad Limo, looks like it was photographed in the same location. Also says it is sold, but still running ad on CL.

Sorry for the rant, but very much appreciate your thinking about me. Still looking! :)

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If you're not stuck on '59, there is a gorgeous '60 Series 75 Limousine available locally, black, grey broadcloth rear, grey leather front with A/C.

Would rate a #2- which is to say, quite exceptional indeed. Wally has seen it too.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bill Caddyshack

Quote from: ericdev on December 31, 2014, 12:03:10 PM
If you're not stuck on '59, there is a gorgeous '60 Series 75 Limousine available locally, black, grey broadcloth rear, grey leather front with A/C.

Would rate a #2- which is to say, quite exceptional indeed. Wally has seen it too.

Still looking. PM Sent.

Bill Caddyshack

dave_wa

Hello
I have one for sale in Australia. I can help with shipping. Keen to move it on as I need the room.
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-371107&Cr=3
Dave
Dave Batger
CLC# 24083

Perth - Western Australia

1958 Cadillac Convertible
1959 Cadillac Series 75

bongo7777

There is a nice 59 for sale here in Australia, not a divider window but a very nice straight car.
Email me if you have any interest.
Regards,
Graham.
machines@macval.com.au
Graham Waddingham.
1941 Cadillac Sedanette, 1942 Sedanette, 1955 Fleetwood, 1955 Meteor Hearse,
1956 Sedan DeVille, 1956 Fleetwood 75, 1956 Eldorado,
1957 Fleetwood, 1957 Eldorado, 1958 Fleetwood 75 series, 1959 75 Limousine, 1960 Flat Top, 1960 Limousine, 1960 Fleetwood, 1960 convertible. 1953 Cadillac 75 Imperial Derham, 1949 Cadillac Imperial,

Bill Caddyshack

Quote from: ericdev on December 31, 2014, 12:03:10 PM

Eric, just one of the great benefits of this forum is connecting with people like you! I did buy the 1960 Limo and it really is exceptional! I am very, very pleased and no longer looking for a 1959 (now that I said this, will probably get multiple offers).

This car is a great survivor! The seller is very knowledgeable and was working on replacing needed parts with correct replacements. For instance, it has a new, but vintage battery and brand new correct bias ply tires. So new that the paper labels are still on the treads.

The first picture in my driveway, just finished washing it from being transported. The original hubcaps are in the trunk

The other pictures are with our 1958 Limo. The rear interiors are almost identical. The 1960 is noticeably longer overall than the '58