Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 346 water in the oil and cylinders??
« Last post by Bobby B on Today at 12:31:51 PM »
How do you think the Magnaflux could have missed a flaw in that position Bobby?

Most likely laziness OR it was never done and they said it was because they "visually" inspected, or felt the need not to inspect. Coffee Break, Lunch Break, Quitting Time, etc. They used to have some saying that the best cars were made on certain days of the week. I wonder Why?  ???
                                                                                                                                                                       Bobby
   Except for the commercial chassis I don't think you could get a non OD Cad after 82.

Limousine models also did not have an OD transmission through 1984, which continued using the 6.0 liter V8-6-4.
Want To Buy / Re: Vacuum valve for vacuum operated door locks
« Last post by Whit on Today at 11:33:46 AM »
Jim:
Look forward to seeing it...do you know if it works ok?

Regards  Whit
I also would like to see a convertible in the line.  Who can't be jealous of seeing a beautiful woman in a new Cadillac convertible.  It makes you take a second look.  I for one think Cadillac is on the decline as it is trying to sell to the younger generation with SUV's and giant Denali s. It was the more affluent and/or  older generation that made Cadillac.   I drove a new Continental and it is just as Cadillac use to be.  Big, super ride, lots of amenities and it does carry a good price .  My next car is a Continental I'm sorry to say.   Tony

Like Cadillac and so many other brands, Lincoln's successes of late seem to primarily come from their crossover and SUV models and not the cars.  Sales of the new Continental in the U.S. so far this year are not significantly higher than Cadillac's pricier CT6 (10,796 versus 9,701 through November) and are over 4,000 fewer than Cadillac's aging and on its way out, although restyled for 2018, XTS.

If, like Lincoln, Cadillac only had one full-size sedan instead of two I think the CT6 would be doing notably better than Continental even with the CT6's higher pricing.  None of them are doing that great, though, as the market just isnít there for full-size sedans as it once was.
How do you think the Magnaflux could have missed a flaw in that position Bobby?
As noted by TJ, 1981 DeVilles and Fleetwood Broughams with optional V6 included automatic overdrive transmissions. 

Ford offered automatic overdrive transmissions a year earlier on various 1980 models including Lincoln Continental and Mark VI.
I don't think budget will allow me to buy anything for them this year, however it left something for me..... a few drops of 10w-30.
Oh well, maybe next year.
Jeff
I also would like to see a convertible in the line.  Who can't be jealous of seeing a beautiful woman in a new Cadillac convertible.  It makes you take a second look.  I for one think Cadillac is on the decline as it is trying to sell to the younger generation with SUV's and giant Denali s. It was the more affluent and/or  older generation that made Cadillac.   I drove a new Continental and it is just as Cadillac use to be.  Big, super ride, lots of amenities and it does carry a good price .  My next car is a Continental I'm sorry to say.   Tony
General Discussion / Re: What's under the tree for your Cadillac?
« Last post by Tpicks55 on Today at 10:41:04 AM »
My mistress is getting all dolled up with a new paint job.  and a new top.  Thats enough!
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 346 water in the oil and cylinders??
« Last post by Bobby B on Today at 10:35:39 AM »
If that were the problem in Gary's case a flaw in that area would put all the water in the oil pan but not up in the combustion chambers?

Steve,
 Hi. Correct.... I wasn't referring to Gary's engine but just in general. It's good to know that there's another possible location for an issue with a Flathead when they magna flux.
                   Bobby
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!