News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / 1941 Shock Link reinstall
Last post by Jim Miller - Yesterday at 06:04:43 PM
I've had Apple Hydraulics rebuild my 41 shock links. To get the links off I took off the rear shocks. Is there any particular order or tips on reassembly. Because the axle shifts when she's in the air I thought I'd attach the link to the shock arm, put shocks back on, then lower the car and put jack stands under the rear axle for it to line up. As she comes down I can line up the shock link to the hole in the rear axle. But, I always welcome suggestion or other thoughts if there's a better way.
Thanks
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 1981-1984 Sedan Deville Br...
Last post by smokuspollutus - Yesterday at 05:42:37 PM
Bueller

Anyone parting an 80's RWD with brown interior?
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: Vanity kit
Last post by Carfreak - Yesterday at 05:16:07 PM
Have you connected with the CLC Eldorado Brougham Chapter? 

https://cadillaclasalleclub.org/regions-chapters-affiliates/
For Sale - Parts / Autronic eye [1954?]
Last post by Rossoroo - Yesterday at 04:53:48 PM
Not mine!
Found it on the local FB Market Place
54 Autronic eye
General Discussion / How to find out who the origin...
Last post by Peter Greenway - Yesterday at 04:19:54 PM
My car is a 63 Series 62 sedan. Can anyone give me any advice as to how I can find out who the original car dealer was who sold my car new in 1963 please?
GM Heritage Centre do not have any records for Cadillac's pre 1980's, although I have got hold of the build sheet that went down the line with the car.
I have contacted the third previous owner who gave me some history of the car when they bought and owned it but nothing else.
It's also a bit more difficult for me as I'm located in the UK.
Thanks in advance.
General Discussion / Re: New to the Club and Need S...
Last post by Jerry Puma - Yesterday at 04:03:03 PM
Hi Maria,

I remember you, your father and the car from the Cadillac Club clam bakes at Roger Libby's house, years ago! Thanks for the update. The local club is still active.

Jerry Puma
Vice-Director
WNY Region CLC
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 67 deville visor hinge sep...
Last post by Clewisiii - Yesterday at 02:31:21 PM
I was hoping to find a reproduction for my 61 brackets. Some say they will fit but are a half inch shorter. I think by definition that means they don't fit. I bought a set from a Chevy restoration supplier. Looked the same. But when I got them realized they were only 3/4 the overall size of the Cadillac. IMG_20240319_205410633.jpg
General Discussion / Re: Tire advice?
Last post by Bessy - Yesterday at 02:20:06 PM
Thanks for the very useful information Club Members!
Our '56CDV will be getting new radial tires later this spring.
Looking forward.
Thanks again.
Respectfully,
mark & Bessy
General Discussion / Re: 2024 USA 235,225,215 / 75 ...
Last post by Joe G 12138 - Yesterday at 02:02:00 PM
    The Hankook Kinergy replaced the Optimo. The whitewall is only about 3/4-7/8" if you can live with that. I put a set on my '65 last year; no complaints. They have a rather high treadwear rating; but my tires age out not wear out. As far as installation; Tire Rack (online) sells them with the whitewall option. Before buying; I shopped around for installation. National chain "Discount Tire" (now owned by Tire Rack) asked me what tires I was getting. He said "why not buy them here? They were not listed in whitewall. He made some calls; (there was an error) and I was able to buy local with online pricing, not fool with shipping, and have full warranty and free rotations available. And the manufacturing dates (Dot codes) were months not years old. Fresh tires were important to me; they rot before they wear out on my cars.     Joe
General Discussion / Re: 2024 USA 235,225,215 / 75 ...
Last post by smokuspollutus - Yesterday at 01:09:19 PM
The sad part is that the Suretracs almost exactly replicate the OE tires of the mid 70s-80s in whitewall placement and width. If only the stayed white. My Lanvigator tires are the forerunner of Suretrac (exactly the same tire besides the name) but curiously stay white.

There was also an issue with a run of them that had a sloppily applied whitewall that left a small gap as shown above. I know several people who had issues with that on a 2019 run of Suretracs.

Sounds like if you want a somewhat thicker whitewall, the Ironmans are the way to go.