News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

This is info on the Wrigley family 1938 Cadillac.......shame

Started by 55 cadi, September 07, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55 cadi

Hello,

I saw this and thought that people keeping history or track of special cars should know.

Header of you tube video was "lost time hot rods"  video made by 1puglife

The first 5 1/2 minutes shows the car and they talk about cutting up.

They said it was a 1938, belonged to the wrigley family before,( thanks to Steve Passmore On who it belonged to)and only 5 made, how much truth?, don't know, but I'm sure someone here will know.

I just wanted our group to know where it was and what's happening to it, if there are only 5 made

They plan on chopping up in pieces the 1938 all original Cadillac, that is one of 5 made.

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

k8096

I only watched the first couple minutes of the video and had to turn it off as I didn't want to regurgitate what I ate for dinner.  When someone says a 1938 Cadillac V 16 limousine is worth a million dollars and that only 5 were built they've proved they are idiots.   Here's the link. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fow7ZssjQE
J Gehring

The Tassie Devil(le)

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Chris Cummings

It's true that Cadillac made 5 Series 9019-F five-passenger imperial sedans in 1938.  Most imperial sedans (limousines) in the 1938-1940 V-16 production had auxiliary seats (jump seats).

The Wrigley provenance does not appear to have any documentation, but part of the lore is that Mr. Wrigley chose the particular body style because he wanted the car only for his wife and himself -- no guests, so no jump seats.

John Kosmatka had the car for years and it was sold recently at auction (Motostalgia) for not much money.

One hates to think of a well-preserved survivor being sacrificed to make something new.  On the other hand, a full restoration of one of these beasts is mighty expensive.

Chris Cummings