News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Eldorado Conv. Project Car for sale 14k obo

Started by drbark, September 08, 2017, 02:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drbark

Hello Everyone,

Back by popular demand is my uncle's 55 Eldo.  It is a project car.  It was a fully running (not great) car with all the parts before it was taken apart.  Was at a restoration place for 7 years.  It is all there.  Have the metal floor mats, original title, parade boot, correct numbers on the chassis and motor with the vin.  Here is what was done to it at this point.

The chassis is finished and powder coated black.  It is not on wheels but is on tire carts and is rolling.  For the body:  The doors, front fenders, hood, trunk, rear driver's fender and some of the main body is done.  The passenger's fender is fitted on the car and was adjusted but it needs a couple of hrs of detailing to look good.  The floors need to be done.  The whole body is primered.

I am going to attempt to put pics on here.  Not good with tech stuff.

Alex
Sorry but don't know why some of the pics are not rightside up.  Hope they help to give you guys an idea.  The car is located in Grover Beach, CA.

V63

Do you have image of data plate? Before images of car? Dual quad w/ air cleaner?

drbark

Sorry about that.  The data plate was taken off for the restoration part.  I can get a picture of it by Monday.  The car is all there with the dual quads and the air cleaner.  I found a pic of a portion of the dash (I think) that might be the original color.  Also pics of floor mats and parade boot.  Again I'll will get you pics of the plate by Monday.  If you think of any other pics you might want just let me know over the weekend and I'll post them here.

The car is at a storage facility.  I will also get you pics of the carbs and air cleaner if you like.
Thanks
Alex

drbark

Forgot to give a brief history.  Pretty cool story.

The original owner ordered this car in 1954 or 1955 and soon after he passed away.  I guess the car continued to be on the lot for another 2 years with no owner.  Don't know the exact reason for that part.  Mr. Lovell walked into the lot and was going to purchase a 1957 Eldorado, until he saw one partially covered by a piece of tarp.  He bought this car and was the owner of it until 2010 when he passed away.  His great-grandson, Allan called me around that time and told me that his family wanted to give me the car for saving their son's life in Afghanistan (long story).  I was shocked and originally refused the car.  Well, a month later the car was delivered to my house anyway from Georgia.  I was new to the San Luis Obispo area since I was active duty and traveling a lot at that time so I picked a shop that only did classic car restorations.  They started the restoration until in 2012 when the owner of the shop decided that alcohol was more important than his work.  So the car sat there until 2016.  I have it now in storage.  I gave the car to my uncle to restore and now due to his health issues he wants to sell it to someone that can restore this beautiful car. 

I have the original title to this car in the name of Wallace H Lovell.  The original owner.  So technically you can be the second owner on title.  I never registered it because I did not think that the car would never be finished so it just sat there until I retired from the Army this last July.  I have the pic of the original title and data plate for you guys to enjoy.

thanks
Alex

V63

The data plate does not look correct?

Should look like one I posted below

drbark

Found the actual data plate.  I have no idea what the other one is about.  But I will save both in case it's actually the cars.  Here is a pic of the actual data plate.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Can someone please turn the first data plate right side up??
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

drbark

It appears to be the wrong plate anyway.  Who knows where the restorers found that one.  I finally found the correct one.  I had hidden it and forgot where it was until late last night.  Sorry guys.

I had a PM about how much exactly sheet metal was used.  For the front fenders, doors, hood, and trunk very little metal was used.  No bondo has been used as far as I know.  They cut out the bad areas, which were very small and replaced it with metal.  They could not salvage the rear passenger quarter panel.  It looked like someone just took a very sharp object and just shredded it completely down that side of the panel.  So the panel was completely hand made.  The person who did it is a master at this locally and has a very long waiting list from what I hear.  You can't even tell it was not part of the original car.  I checked the trunk area last night and it looked pretty good.  I do believe that the front of the floor boards should be replaced.  Common area obviously.  Let me know if you guys have anymore questions.

Thank You,

Col. Alex Carapeti (Ret)

signart

Art D. Woody

V63

This tag appears to be from a white car...not sure how you left things with the restoration shop...but someone else might be looking for that tag. The concern is there  was obviously some mixing of parts, and that's a major concern when buying a 'basket case' project. Ask me how I know!

drbark

This tag was in the glove box of the car when I got it.  It belonged to the previous owner so out of respect I did not touch it.  It's been seven years since I last saw it so I forgot about it.   I have had a couple of cadillac guys in your forum already take a look at the car months ago and one of them made a deal with my uncle and left my uncle hanging after months of delay.  The parts are all there but if you are local come and take a look.

Alex

PS.  I understand.  I bought a 69 Buick parts car like this one and actually had Pontiac parts with it.  The shop was actually pretty organized.  My best friend was part of BAR and was keeping a close eye on the car and parts for me when I was on active duty.  Again please come and see it for yourself.  I have no issues with that and I actually encourage it.

Bobby B

Am I dreaming, or are we looking at 3 totally different Data Plates  ???.......
                                                                                                    Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: V63 on September 13, 2017, 05:59:25 PM
This tag appears to be from a white car...not sure how you left things with the restoration shop...but someone else might be looking for that tag. The concern is there  was obviously some mixing of parts, and that's a major concern when buying a 'basket case' project. Ask me how I know!
Code 96 is a copper color.

drbark

The tag is not white.  It's actually a light tan which some of the parts are similar to that color.  When I got the car it was copper with a white interior and white top.  The actual tag is not colored. 

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I'm not talking about the tag... the car was a copper color when it left the factory. And the interior was beige.

drbark

I looked up the codes also and that's what I got.

I also have a complete wire harness in the box.  I bought it about 6 years ago and never used it.  Just found it next to a box of brand new fuel lines.  Hope this helps.

Alex

drbark

Quote from: Bobby B on September 13, 2017, 08:31:19 PM
Am I dreaming, or are we looking at 3 totally different Data Plates  ???.......
                                                                                                    Bobby

The tag from V63 is probably his car's tag.  He sent it to me for reference.  I accidentally took a pic of a tag that was in the glove box of the car.  No idea where it came from and 7 years ago when I called the family, they did not know anything about it.

My pic of the tag is actually the car's true tag.  For whatever it's worth.

Alex

drbark

Here are some more pics.  Some of you guys PM me, so I'm just posting pics here to save some time.  Hope this helps.

drbark

some more pics.

Alex

m-mman

As an FYI the 'white' tag with the holes in the upper corners is not for a GM car.
It is from a Chrysler product. . . .
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634