News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Johan de Nysschen interview...

Started by jdemerson, September 12, 2017, 09:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

...in October Car and Driver magazine.

Mr. de Nysschen does not own a car and has always driven nice company cars. He says he is currently in the market for a '53 to '57 Cadillac Series 62 convertible. "Those cars were so elegant."  I suspect that he could buy any car he wants, so this is an interesting choice.  Excellent taste, in my view.

My take: The '51 and '52 are nicer than the '53, but the '53 has the 12 volt system. So I see why he starts with '53. Also interesting that he excludes '58, '59, '60. Interesting that he is not considering any Eldorado model. Given his preferences, my choice for him would be a 1955 Series 62 Convertible.  But then, he didn't ask me! It will be interesting to hear how this turns out.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan  6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

WTL

I just can't understand him not owning a car.  Hopefully, the CEO of NBC owns a tv. 

Rich S

I am pleased to learn that he has an interest in owning a vintage Cadillac from the "glory years" of the brand! Hopefully, he will find something that exceeds his expectations. . .
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Art Director

Mr. de Nysschen is now a CLC member and will likely find the car of his dreams in The Self-Starter classifieds.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Scot Minesinger

Further rumor is that Johan is very discerning and the CLC head judge is on the lookout for his Cadillac.  It is understood that a few presented by Bill Anderson have not been accepted yet by Johan.  Hopefully he finds the one he likes.  Even the very nicest example will have an issue here and there if it is driven even lightly, so it goes with the old car hobby.  A 1957 Cadillac series 62 convertible with a/c in dash (first year) is the way to go if it were me.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Bill Young

If my tooth ferry is listening. For me a 1955 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible in Bahama Blue with white top and blue and white interior with Autronic Eye.

Quentin Hall

Sounds like he has discerning tastes. Personally, the 53 convertible is a lovely, understated and elegant car that one could be forever satisfied owning. . .  if it wasn't for the intrinsic allure of the sportier 53 Eldorado. . . .if it wasn't for the unsurpassed youthful brashness of a 57 Biarritz.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz