News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Heater Core Help!

Started by Sconnors, September 14, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sconnors

Hi guys
Just got off the phone with my mechanic. He's replaced my heater core with a new one and got everything back together and no heat! The top side is hot, the bottom side is cold, but there is anti-freeze going through the both.
Any ideas???
Scott Connors

Caddy Wizard

Air bubble trapped in the heater core.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Sconnors

He bypassed the heater control valve and has heat! So I'm ordering a new one now!
Scott Connors

Bobby B

Quote from: Art Gardner  CLC 23021 on September 14, 2017, 05:35:54 PM
Air bubble trapped in the heater core.

Yessiree...... ;D
                Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Scot Minesinger

Honestly, a mechanic replaces a heater core, which presumably was by-passed and the only reason to do it was for heat, and then does not check after completing the job to see if the heat works - really?  Then it is a forum post, another drop off and pick up, another wait for the part, and etc.  As I get older, my patience for this type of mechanic wanes.  Probably not a good idea to get any brake work done by this mechanic.  Sorry you suffered through it.  Another testimonial as to why I became my own best mechanic.  Even though I can paint, plumb pipes, wire and etc., often it is hired out because life is short, but for work on our older cars life is too short not to do it yourself.

Sorry if the mechanic is your brother and it worked when he tested and etc., but circumstantially you got my honest reaction.

Enjoy the heat in you Cadillac this winter!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty