News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Is a 1956 Coupe DeVille and a 1956 Sedan DeVille exhaust system the same?

Started by carguyblack, November 07, 2017, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

I have ordered and received an exhaust system for our 1956 Cadillac Sedan DeVille that is incorrect. It must be for a regular Sedan I believe as it is at least a foot short of reaching the back bumper outlets. I am trying to explain to the vendor what exactly I need and if it is the same as another car model. Any help is appreciated!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Lexi

Chuck you may be right. The MPL notes a different parts number for the 4 door sedan L & R tailpipes (which does not match the SDV tailpipe numbers listed), for example. The 4 door sedan was also 7 inches shorter in overall body length then the SDV. I think the 4 door sedan was the model with the short rear deck. If I remembered the various body style numbers correctly, it looks like the Coupe, Series 62 Convertible, CDV, SDV and 60 Special shared the same tailpipes for example, though elsewhere are listed scads of additional exhaust parts sold separately and broken down into various series of cars that they fit. Doesn't look like they broke it down for a complete kit by body style unless I am missing a page. Clay/Lexi

J. Gomez

Chuck,

I've also reply back on your PM.  ;)

I totally agree with Clay 110% the mid-pipes (between the front and rear mufflers) and the rear tail pipes show different part # on the MPL, as Clay stated these cover the different chassis model length, mostly the tail pipes are the ones listed for each of the sub-models.

All may not be lost in you case if the vendor is flexible to exchange the pipes with the correct one.

The issue is vendors may not know these changes and they would just list the standard sedan, coupe, etc. as individual parts and the owner would need to make the choice and hope for the best.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Series 62 Sedan - 214.9" 

Series 62 Convertible, 62 Coupe, Coupe deVille and Sedan deVille -  221.9"  Same exhaust for all.

Fleetwood 60 Special - 225.9"

Eldorado Seville/Biarritz - 222.2"

HTH.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute