News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Series 62 Indoor Car Cover Source

Started by BillR. CLC # 29203, October 21, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillR. CLC # 29203

Our son's '59 will soon be out of paint and I'm looking for a source for a car cover Christmas gift.
Through research I've found quite a few but I am not comfortable with "should fit" claims.

Thanks in advance.
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Dan LeBlanc

I bought mine from Car-Covers.com.  $169, fits well, seems of good quality.  No complaints here.  This is the one I have:

The Platinum Shield cover is the best solution for maximum weather protection. This cover is made of a high quality woven polyester fabric with a reflective urethane coating that provides excellent water and sun resistance. With an ultra soft fleece liner, your vehicle's finish will be perfectly preserved and protected.

•The reflective polyester cover material with polyurethane coating sheds water as soon as it hits the cover.
•UV-reflective-silver material protects your vehicle from sun damage and keeps your vehicle cooler.
•Perfect for hot and sunny climates.
•Reduces heat based damage.
•Provides great protection against bird droppings.
•Protects your vehicle's sensitive clear coat finish from the damaging effects of acid rain.
•This multi-layered car cover guards your vehicle from tree sap, dust, dirt, and other harmful pollutants.
•Durable synthetic fabric naturally resists mold, rot, and mildew.
•Double stitched seams provide leak protection and fantastic durability.
•An elastic front and rear hem ensures a snug fit.
•Reinforced grommets built into the cover on the left and right side can be used to secure your cover from theft.
•Full (10) ten year warranty
•Weight: Approximately 10 lbs
•Color: Reflective Silver
•Use the provided cable and lock for added protection from theft. For high wind protection, we recommend our “Gust Strap” product, which easily attaches to the cover keeping it tight and secure during high wind conditions. The Gust Strap can be viewed upon clicking the "Add to Cart" button on your selected cover.

Why are there no side mirror pockets?
Our car covers will accommodate your mirrors without pocketing them. We've engineered them out of the design because mirror pockets are unnecessary and are usually the first part of a car cover to deteriorate or rip. This ensures that you will get maximum durability from your car cover!

What about my antenna?
The cover does not come with holes in it for your antenna by default because most customers prefer to not have any holes. If your antenna cannot be removed or retracted when using the cover, we include a free antenna patch kit with each car cover that will create a reinforced hole where the antenna can easily slip through.

Will this fit my vehicle?
Yes! This cover is sized for your vehicle by the dimensions: length, width, and height (called semi-custom). Combine the perfect size with the elastic front and rear hems and you are getting a cover that is going to fit your vehicle extremely well. We're so confident that you'll love how our cover fits your vehicle that we will pay return shipping if you receive an incorrect cover! If you require a 100% made to order cover, we can do those as well but they are more expensive. Please give us a call if you would like more information.

How Many Layers Is The Platinum Shield Cover?
The Platinum Shield cover is comparable to a five (5) layer cover. The Platinum Shield is made from a special multi-layer polypropylene, with a layer of micro-porous film sandwiched between it to ensure breathability. Under that is the inner fleece lining.

I have modifications to my vehicle, what cover should I order?
Our checkout page has a comment section. Simply order the cover for your vehicle and make as many detailed notes as possible about your vehicle modification. For example if you have a large spoiler, mention you have a 6" spoiler. This will allow our warehouse team to grab the correct cover.

The Platinum Shield cover comes with a FREE cable & lock, FREE storage bag AND an antenna patch. INCREDIBLE 10 YEAR WARRANTY

My car lives indoors, but I use an indoor/outdoor cover.  Breathable is key!!!  I like the indoor/outdoor cover as it is much heavier material and offers better protection.  Not the most expensive, but not the cheapest either.  It seems durable enough, hasn't caused any scratches, breathes, and when the car spent a night outside once, did a good job protecting it from dew.

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

BillR. CLC # 29203

Dan,
Thanks for your quick reply and insight.
BillR.
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Dan LeBlanc

Mine is already reinforced at the seam and it seems to fall right where the tailfin goes.  The 61 fin is still quite pointy and was getting some wear there during an overnight outdoor windy stay.  I cut open some tennis balls and put them on the fins to protect the cover.  Problem solved.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

David Greenburg

I've used flannel covers from the Canvas Shoppe in Michigan. Very soft, which is important, especially if you have lacquer paint, as I did on my '59 60S.  These are truly custom covers,and they fit perfectly. Fin penetration is always an issue with these cars, whether you are talking car covers, or your gut when walking around behind the car in tight spaces.  After my first cover was eventually shredded  by the fins, I ordered a second one and asked that they reinforce the cover over the fins, which they did.  Cover is now about 10 years old and has a couple of puncture wounds, but I still use it on my '60 Seville, even though the fit is a little baggy due to the lower, shorter roofline and the reduced plumage rising from the rear fenders.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special