News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 Cadillac tri power air cleaner decal

Started by Richard Goulden, September 12, 2006, 03:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Goulden

Hi all
Has anyone got, or has anyone seen a ( gold) 59 tri power air cleaner with  original filter instructions still on it?.
I only ask because all the tri power air cleaners I have seen, including mine, show no sign of ever having one.
The four barrel carb has instructions, and just about every American car I have ever looked at, has some sort of instruction on its air cleaner, so I find it odd that the tri power cleaner has nothing.
Thanks
Richard Goulden

Mauro

Hi Richard,
I too have tripower on my unrestored 59,the gold air cleaner is in excellent condition with no sign of it ever having the instructions on it either.The only tripower air cleaners Ive seen with instructions have the stick on ones (aftermarket).

Erich Weber

Hi,
I bought  all original 58 and 59 Biarritz in 1987 and 1988 and none
of them had those stickers on airfilters, washer jar, brake booster, AC cooler and so on. All they had was a jack instruction.
I think its funny to put all these gimmicks on socalled showcars
to make them look newer than new.

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17693

I think McVeys has decal sheets for those years.  I will be doing that when I detail my engine in the 56.  It is only a driver, I have neither the money or interest in showing my car because, over all such responses as yours.  I could just ignore them but I guess I am just too thin skinned.   Its either  you put the wrong year etc.. on or wrong this or that  with a smirk, or its the  what are you trying to do, make a Trailer Queen outta her?  Ive experienced both.  

Try McVeys or Kantors as they both have similar items.  

HTH

Randy