News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac trim code

Started by Eric #21241, April 12, 2006, 11:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric #21241

Hello all you caddy fanatics,
I now know what all the numbers on the trim tag are on my 1937 Cadillac except the trim #47 anybody have a clue?
The car is in incredible shape but the engine is from a later 1941 model so I guess shows are out unless I get an original engine but then still it cant be authenticated? Ive never entered any shows so I dont know what to expect if I did. the car has only 56000 original miles on the speedometer and by looking at the underside its very believable. Again any help with the trim #47 is greatly appreciated.
This forum is....great!!

JIM CLC # 15000

04-12-06
ERIC, the exterior appearence of the 37 thru 48 flat-heads were (IMHO) If all else fails, get (rent) a set of number stamps and re-stamp your engine.
Good Luck, JIM
P.S. Sounds like you have purchased a keeper.

Eric # 21241

Hi Jim,
Excuse my ignorance what do you mean by (IMHO)?
Youre right, it is a keeper Ill be here for a while.
Regards, Eric

Harry Scott (4195)

Eric, My parts book covers years 36 thru 49, however, the interior trim charts start at 39. I have looked through other 37 literature and cannot find interior trim translation. If your engine is good otherwise and you want a more authentic look you can change the heads, spark plug wire looms, fan hub/pulley, distributor and air cleaner, to name most of the things that are different in appearance. They all interchange with no modifications. Good Luck. Harry

Dave Leger CLC #19256

IMHO is an abbreviation for In My Humble Opinion.  A lot of abbreviations have come into common use on internet postings over the years.

Dave

Eric 21241

Hi Harry,
Your answer to my engine was my next question.
Thanks for your help, its great to have guys like you here in the forum. The car is worth showing in the condition its in so Ill
search for the engine parts.
 Off the beaten path, I was looking at an interesting site http://www.daddycaddy.com, TARGET=_blank>www.daddycaddy.com, he has a great list of Cadillac songs about 250 or so roughly, all different types of music.

JIM CLC # 15000

04-13-06
ERIC,  Dont feel bad about not knowing what IMHO stands for. every since Bill Gates workers started using singles letters for abbreviations, the public has copyed their style.
IMHO means In My Humble Option. I read another post of yours where you mention Cadillac Songs. Well Eric there are about 4000 songs on the Cadillac Data Base. Just find the index and have a go at it. ( IMHO, You will not find a song there with the name La Salle in it),[ Not even Archy Bunker theme song, All in the family]