News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 1970 CADILLAC PASSENGER SIDE MIRROR BEING SOLD NEW BY GM OBSOLETE!

Started by afigueroa CLC#18348, April 25, 2016, 07:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

Look nice but the are not duplicating the base exactly.

The mounting is different in that you will need to pull the door panel and through-bolt it with nuts and washers inside of the door.  That should not be a problem, but the actual original mirror has a different mounting method.  You drill two holes, one larger than the other, making a keyed opening.

The button head fastener threads into the back side of the mirror base and you insert it into the larger holes, then move it rearward into the smaller holes and tighten the fastener with an Allen wrench.

See pics below.  I think I have one more NOS DeVille series mirror left @ $650.00.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

John Abend

Passenger side door mirror
Model(s): Eldorado
Reproduction just as original. Comes with base gasket and hardware. Limited run with a May 2016 delivery date. Taking orders in advance with a deposit

There's the part that worries me.  Is this another one of those collect deposits till you get enough to be worthy of a run type of deals or are they going to deliver if you pay in May?

I'd call them up and ask before "loaning" them $400 in hopes enough people will order to have them made.
John Abend

'68 Sedan deVille Hardtop
'74 Eldorado Convertible
'87 Allante Convertible
'15 XTS Platinum VSport

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Cadillac script is not filled in with black paint as per original.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

D.Smith

Nice to see that they are going to sell them for the front drive 68-70 Eldorado style too.

As for the different mounting holes, this is better even though more work to install.  The factory ones could be easily removed from the outside by theft or if hit too hard.

Since there is only one NOS one left in the world and it keeps selling repeatedly at the daily price of gold, it is good that someone saw the need to reproduce them for the Eldorados too.

cadparts58

Brian,
Do you still have the 1969 passenger rear view mirror?  One of my CLC region members needs one. Thanx Frank
Frank Puma #10721