News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

78 seville wont run

Started by dana, March 20, 2015, 09:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dana

Gene Beaird

Are you certain it is the ECU? 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Ken Perry

A lot of time when a Cad with electronic ignition won't run,they have a burnt threw rotor cap. When this happens the ignition grounds out. This is common on GM HEI ignitions. I have seen it and fixed it many times. If you hav'nt checked the rotor cap then check,they burn threw in the middle under the contact. May or may not be it ?  Good luck. Ken Perry     
Cadillac Ken

dana

im almost sure its the ecu the injector wires is not getting power

mgbeda

Try posting in the Technical / Authenticity section.  Bruce Roe is the resident 70's EFI expert, and also rebuilds ECU's.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

bcroe

Quote from: danaI'm almost sure its the ecu the injector wires is not getting power 

If you send your ECU here it can be checked for the cost of postage.  if its broken, it
can be shipped back repaired in a day or 2 for minimum cost.  About 1/3 of the failures
are the MAP sensor inside the ECU.  You can check this in your car, details on my
PHOTOBUCKET first album, 70s FUEL INJECTION.  Original MAPs aren't available, but I
have designed a solid state replacement. 

There are 2 triggers of injection pulses; the SPEED SENSORS on the lower HEI shaft for
crank rotation, and the THROTTLE POSITION SWITCH on the right side of the throttle
body.  The latter you can use for the "21 click test".  With air cleaner off, turn on the ign
switch.  Slowly open the throttle by hand, and you should hear the injectors click about
21 times. 

Send me an email to connect.  Bruce Roe CLC # 14630

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/L71/bcroe/

click on an Album
  click on a picture to enlarge + description

BRUCE ROE                                  bcroe@juno.com
5719 EAST SKINNER ROAD,
STILLMAN VLY, IL    61084-9215

Phone  815 234-8039

dana

Thank you I will be in touch with you

dana

Thanks for the Help I got it running now  :)

mikeceli

Quote from: dana on April 04, 2015, 07:37:54 AM
Thanks for the Help I got it running now  :)

What was the cause?