News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 eldorado windshield

Started by 60eldo, April 08, 2015, 06:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 1960 coupe windshield in Canada
Jon. Kluczynski

The Tassie Devil(le)

Don't just set your sights on a Cadillac windscreen, as the Chev, Pontiac, Buick and Olds Coupe screens are the same.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Grant Owen

Bruce, just to correct you the screens are not the same Cadillac have a bigger curve compared with say a Chev.

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Grant,

Thanks for that bit of good information.   I will have to do some comparing when I go to the next show.

Cadillac must have really tried to be different than the rest of the GM crowd.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   But, can't do any comparing down here as I just remembered that there are no Coupes or Convertible Chev, Pontiac Oldsmobile or Buicks for '59 or '60 here in Tassie.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

JoeKarasinski

Hi, I have an auto glass business in Michigan, and all N. American glass & body shops use the same parts cataloging system provided by NAGS (National Auto Glass Specifications).

The correct NAGS part number for your 60 Eldorado coupe is DW00568. They say it is interchangeable with DW00566.

Originally the 568 referenced only to Cadillac and the 566 referenced only to Buick, Chev, Olds and Pont. Why they say they interchange today I don't know. They both have the same block size. I've not yet had the occasion yet to personally compare them. the last 60 windshield I did was on my Dad's sedan many years ago long before anyone decided these parts interchanged.

Anyhow, The 566 is for sure available, I don't know how much it will cost you but it won't be cheap. Any glass shop near you should be able to get it for you. It's a big job to replace a windshield in this car so find a very good, experienced, patient  glass guy that loves to work on old cars.

Grant Owen

The 566 & 568 Screens are interchangeable. the 568 that Cadillac used has a bigger curve I don't know of anyone that makes 568 Screen any more .
Everyone seems to use & list the 566 Screen for Cadillac if you know what you are looking at it the difference is very noticeable.

60eldo

I found a glass up here today. A 568. Has anyone heard of APG? Thats the manufacturer. Wondering where its made.
Jon. Kluczynski

JoeKarasinski

Yes, They are an international company with production facilities in south america. For the past few years or so they seem to be the only brand available for vintage glass. I've not had an issue with their products.

n2caddies

A detail item I learned from my friend Cadillac Ken and found to be true is the original 59 60 windshields have more of a curve  than the reproduction ones. If you look across the windshield from side to side the new ones are noticeably flatter.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Rod Dahlgren #19496

If you find an NOS glass, yes the curve "bulge" could be there. But good luck with that. Here is the link for the new replacement glass:

http://www.autocityclassic.com/1959-1960-pontiac-catalina-bonn-convertible/1959-1960-windshield-w566/

I HAVE installed them in MANY Cadillacs, Chevys, Pontiac, Olds and Buick
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

JoeKarasinski

Hi Johnny, Where did you get your windshield? I'm also looking for the same glass for my car and none of my distributors can get the 568. I won't be ready for a couple few months but I'm trying to get things ready.

60eldo

Joe, found it in a shop here near Toronto,,,,the only one,,sorry I couldn t help you
Jon. Kluczynski