News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

58 brougham restoration

Started by bbentson, April 13, 2015, 01:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbentson

Hello,
This is my first time on the forum, I' a rookie. My dad and I have been working on a 58 Brougham for the past several years and we are down to the last little bit. We are short on some parts that are missing and others that are broken. We need window switches for the driver door, windshield wiper bezels and arms, driver side sun visor.
Thank you for your time and effort,
  Byron

David King (kz78hy)

Hi Byron,

Welcome to the site.  I mess around with those cars but do not have the parts you need there.  I  have other items if you come up missing something else.

What body number are you working on?

If you join the National club, you can join up to the Eldorado Brougham chapter.  We have a nice forum for the chapter.

Good luck with it

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Quentin Hall

I'm reasonably sure those parts will interchange with standard model cars, among the very few items not Brougham specific.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Roger Zimmermann

Quentin, almost all the parts from the body are not interchangeable with the ones from regular cars. It's the price of exclusivity!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Quentin Hall

Roger, of course, I stand corrected, the Brougham visor has the polarised acrylic lenses . . . but are the wiper arms and bezels  and window switches not shared ? It's a year since I played with a Brougham. There is only so much information my brain can store these days. If it isn't 53 Eldo or 39 Custom I'm out . . .   
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Roger Zimmermann

Wiper arms are standard, bezels and switches not...The Brougham parts list is precious for that kind of searches!
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

bbentson

Hello Rodger and Quentin,
Thank you for the information even though it doesn't sound very promising. Any ideas on which way to jump now? I have purchased other parts from Mastermind and McVey's but I don't know of any other resources. Any type of direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Byron

Roger Zimmermann

Byron, when I restored mine, I bought parts from a Mr. D. E. in Rancho Mirage. Half crook, half good guy, but it was about 20 years ago. He had 7 or 8 Broughams in various stages of dismanteling; I doubt that he is still in business. Have a look here: http://www.eldoforum.com/forum.php? Not all persons from this forum are looking at the CLC one; maybe you will have a chance there. I know of no other source for Brougham parts.
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

David King (kz78hy)

Byron,

You could check with Kjell at Classic Auto Parts as he deals in Brougham parts.  I frequently sell him parts.

http://us.cap.no/public.aspx?pageid=46501.

If you strike out there, send me a email as I have couple of other private sources.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

bbentson

David,

Thank you, I will give it a try. I'm spending a lot of time spinning my wheels.

Byron

bbentson

Roger,

Thank you Roger for the info, I will try to contact that guy to see what his situation is now.

Byron