News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Parts for 1942 Cadillac Series 75 CLCMRC Project

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, May 14, 2017, 02:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This want list is for parts for the CLCMRC's 1942 Cadillac Series 75 to replace parts that the chrome shop deemed too bad to re-chrome or repair. (They were re-chromed years ago when "shiny" was acceptable, and don't worry about buffing out all the detail.)

RH windshield wiper transmission housing without being drilled for a windshield washer. 1941 Series 62/75 are the same.

(1) New  RH only 1941 tail lamp jewel. (See below for where we got the LH one...) (Haven't you ever seen the Twix commercial? RH/LH...)

Our goddess is "OK" but the shop would like a better one as this one has been lightly buffed with some loss of detail and some pit damage on the top rear where it joins the hood divider strip. 1942 ONLY. This is a premium shop so they do know how to deal with pitting. Please advise me what you have.

RH/LH stainless running board moldings. These are the same for 1941 and 1942.

A set of 1941 (Non-60S) skirts. If you have a set you will not need (Hah!) and would like the privilege of being able to point to the car and say, "I gave those to the Museum," it would be greatly appreciated, as the Museum cannot at present afford to pay the going rate. We might be able to go 50% of the going price if you couldn't donate a whole set. Think about it and let me know.

Finally, if you have saved a great set of 1941 Series 75 running boards that you have no present use for and have little or no damage to the rubber, and would donate them, the Club WILL pay the shipping costs. Again, please let me know.

This also applies to the other parts. Donations will be gratefully appreciated. We do have a limited budget to purchase parts, so let me know what you may have and the lowest price you will sell the part to the Club. We will acknowledge your gifts so that you may deduct them from your taxes.

As this car was gifted by an Indiana member, the IN Region will reimburse you for postage for any donation.

This car is Antionette Blue. Picture it in your mind's eye and think how much better it will look with a set of skirts on it...The car has been painted recently, but we don't want it to start fading before we get the skirts!

It would be nice to get the wiper transmission quickly as the other parts are at the plating shop now.

Please send me an e-mail (click the envelope next to my name on my profile) or a PM, if you don't wish to be known as a donor. Personally, I think anyone doing so should be able to be thanked by his/her peers. In that vein, Glenn Brown donated a NOS 1941 LH tail lamp fin/gas cap assembly in the original box. Yes, I said it was NOS!

This is an OFFICIAL Cadillac LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center project. Lars Kneller, Glenn Brown, and I are working to complete this project. Thank for any consideration.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

gary griffin

Barry.  I have at least one spare 42 Goddess. The one I found is pitted and if it would meet your needs I would be glad to donate it. If not I may be able to find one that is not plated from my long gone parts car which was a blackout  6719. I tried to keep as much of it as I could but I am not remembering the hood ornament?
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi Gary, Please send pictures if you can of several views showing the details. We can forward it to our plater and see if he would rather have it than the one we have. Thanks so much for your help. Barry. (You can get to my e-mail by clicking on my name to get to my profile, then hit the "envelope") The blackout one would be great if you still have it.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville