News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

455 Buick in a 65 De Ville

Started by Wayne. Alves, January 14, 2005, 01:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne. Alves

I have a 73 455 Buick motor I was thinking of putting into my 65 Caddy Convertible. Has anyone out made this kind of a swap? Is it a bad idea.
Thanks for the information.
Wayne

Michael Stamps 19507

Maybe if you told us why you wanted to put it in there we could let you know if its a bad idea or not.

Stampie

David #19063

Wayne,

Unfortunately, it will severely devalue your 65 Cadillac Conv. if you ever sell it.  

I believe you would regret it later.

You would be much better off rebuilding the 429 it came with, or at least trading that 455 for a Cadillac 472/500 to put in it.

The 455 swap would be also be difficult as the trans would not connect and you would have to use adaptors, this is also true for the 472/500 as well.

David