News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need suggestions on 1940 Manifold porcelain

Started by john jensen, January 18, 2005, 07:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john jensen

I need to have my 1940 manifolds re-porcelainized (thats a great word) and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about who to use? I had my 41 manifolds done locally and was not very happy with the results. Thanks!

John Jensen CLC

John Washburn

John,

Where do you live?

I have had great success with the folks Ive used, but I dont want to start a war if you have had bad luck with them.

So give me a clue, or drop me a note.

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Bill Ingler CLC 7799

John- I use Parkys Porcelan in South ElMonte CA 626-444-6574 and they have been in business a long time.They have done work for several of my friends here in Scottsdale and all were pleased. I had my 47 done 2 years ago for $175 plus postage and a very nice job. Even though the manifolds are bolted to a metal plate during the heat process, it still is a good idea once you get them back to have the manifold face decked for a good fit. The attached pictured is my 47 manifold done by Parkys

http://members.aol.com/inglerfly/manjpg TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/inglerfly/manjpg

Robt.Vonheck -via SunDiego Calif.

Bill:  -although your above pic unfortunately didnt take here, -is it however not a total loss, as it is fascinating to see the actual "digital-language" it takes to produce a picture; --just amazing...   ~Bob vH

Bill Ingler CLC 7799

Hi Bob- I always check the picture before and after I submit the thread. I just check and got a good picture so the problem might be the internet provider.  Bill

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

There is something about our browsers, Robert, apparently since I only get the header data and no picture.  I am running an iBook G3 running OS X 10.2.8 and Safari 1.03 v85.8.  Now my version of IE for Mac worked just fine.  So it has to be how my browser is handling the image, or not handling it as it is.