News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 Cadillac Radio Restoration

Started by M3-SRT8, December 17, 2012, 11:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3-SRT8

I wish to thank everybody for the kind commemts, and the help in ressurecting this 1940 Delco Radio. It really is a nicely made unit, and I can't wait to power it up. I only have to wait for the solid state vibrator to arrive, and she should sing just fine.

I ended up replacing all but the two silver micas as far as caps are concerned. I left the resistors be as they seem to measure ok. Some measured a little high, but I'll wait until first power up to address any difficulties, if any.

Merry Christmas To All;

Lee J Barmakian

bcroe

Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877
Hi Lee (M3-SRT8)

My other hobby is Ham radio.  I really love the restorations you did on those old Dumont
televisions.  The pic of Sterling Haden in the Asphalt Jungle was an especially neat
touch.  The picture quality on your sets is much better than I remember as a kid watching
our old sets in the 50's.  My Dad was also a fan of Dumont TV's.  He was an electrical engineer
and repaired TV's as a side job.  I learned quite a bit about tube equipment looking over his
shoulder.        Great work!   Mike     

Yea, HAM here too since 1958.  After I bought a 79 Eldo in '96, I reverse engineered the
analog computer fuel injection.  So another hobby is keeping the ancient ECUs going for
Cad owners.  But the tube stuff is always interesting.  Bruce Roe   K9MQG