News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

37 CAdillac fender fitment

Started by Edward Hurst, February 21, 2011, 03:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward Hurst

I have a 37 Cadillac 7019 and need a right rear fender for it.  I found one on ebay that is for a 1936 but don't know what body style  Just for generalities, will a 36 fit a 37.  The picture looks the same.

Thanks, Ed
Ed

Hurst Engines in Jeffersonville, Indiana
MSF RiderCoach
Aircraft Machinist USAF (Ret)
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled American Veteran
Streetrod Builder/enthusiaist
1929 Buick 29-27
1937 Cadillac 7019
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
Mortec SBC Engine (Moderator)

John Tozer #7946

Ed,

A '36 75 series Fleetwood rear fender will fit a '37 75 series Fleetwood. Don't know about the 70 series.

The seller should be prepared to take some critical dimensions for you to check against your left hand fender. If they match (reversed of course), you can buy.

Regards,

John Tozer

Don Boshara #594

After looking at photos of both year 70s the front & rear fenders look different even though the body shells look alike. The rear of the fenders on the '37s appear to be a good bit higher, more like the '38s.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

Edward Hurst

These fenders are in short supply.  I can repair the one I am working on but I am doing it as a favor (free), letting my own things go by the way-side.  I found this fender on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280580756477&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
That looks good but the owner has a lot of odd and end things for sale and doesn't strike me that he is going to be very knowledgable on fitment between the years.  I am not sure it is from a 70 series but it sure looks identical to the one I am working on.  I hate to spend the money when this one is repairable but I am looking at my time and what it is going to take to repair my friends fender.  I have just got to start taking care of some of my own projects.

Thanks, Ed
Ed

Hurst Engines in Jeffersonville, Indiana
MSF RiderCoach
Aircraft Machinist USAF (Ret)
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled American Veteran
Streetrod Builder/enthusiaist
1929 Buick 29-27
1937 Cadillac 7019
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
Mortec SBC Engine (Moderator)

Classic

Based on the taillight mounting holes, I'd say it is a 1937 fender, not 1936.  What do you others think?  Looks to be in good/great condition.  Don't know if there is a difference between 70 & 75 series.  Suggest you ask the seller what the length is from bottom front to bottom rear.

Gene
Gene Menne
CLC #474