News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1954 Lower Control Arms 1954 series 75 fleetwood.

Started by JIM REDMAN, December 29, 2005, 10:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM REDMAN

I need to know if the lower control arms on a Series 75 1954 Cadillac fleetwood are the same as sedans and coupe of the same year model or any other year model.  I am having trouble trying to purchase a pair of these control arms,  I would prefer new ones if possible.  
I believe the part Number maybe 1.0010, but I am not sure of this. Page 8 on parts book shows a diagram  and quotes series 1946 to 1949 with the part number,They look similar , other than my ones have four rivets either side holding the coil spring cradle or seat in place on the arms.  The diagram ones have only 3 rivets each side.  I presume my arms are heavier construction.
An exact diagram with part numbers would solve my problem , if anyone has that diagram.  Or where I can purchase them.

I have also been told they are commercial chassis for only 1954 and 1955 and the arms are different.

The right advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanking You. Jim

Roger Zimmermann #21015

Jim, the number 1.0010 is the group number, not the part number!
For 1954 & 55 Cadillacs, except commercial, the part # is RH 146 0635 and LH 146 0634. Therefore, the serie 75 has the same parts than the smaller cars.
I doubt however that you will find new ones. Buy instead a front suspension kit by Kanter or somebody else, with new shafts and bushings.
Happy motoring!
Roger