News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Ambulance for sale

Started by Ken Perry, May 15, 2013, 06:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Perry

I am helping my friend sell her 1960 Cadillac Ambulance.  She wants $4500.oo for it,(FIRM) This is a project,it is very solid and very rare car. I am posting some pictures of it.It comes with front and rear bumpers,hood,hood hinges, fenders, core suport and inner fenders,grill,skirts tops to front doors and most of the parts needed to put it back together.It does not come with a engine or trans,the engine in the pics is a Chevy 454,the frame has not been modified. There is a 60 cad engine and trans available, but is not out of this car and does not come with it.The big side window she has,stored safe.I can answer questions about this car. The Ambulance is in Bakersfield,Ca  If interested Email cadmanken@netzero.net or call 661-764-6264     
Cadillac Ken

Ken Perry

This 60 Ambulance is still for sale.They have put the fenders,hood,grill and front bumper on.They are going to put the back bumper on and then take more pictures so they can advertize it other places.I wanted to list it here for them first,I like to give the guys in the CLC first shot at the Cadillacs I find.If anyone is interested,it might be your last chance ,very rare Cadillac !!! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

russ austin

Hate to burst your friends bubble, but that car had better be a rust free car, for that price, and have all the pieces, to include the rear glass.

Thats about a 1800 to 2500 car.
R.Austin

Ken Perry

Everyone is intitled to there own opinion! The car would part out for way more than that! This is a very rare 53 year old vehicle and they are not making anymore! I needed money a few years ago,so I called a Cadillac wrecking yard to see what they might give me for my 57 Eldo Seville,nice back bumpers,sabre wheels with caps, solid floors ,A/C car, very streight car and was told, it would not be worth his gas to come get it !!!!!!!!!!Hmmmm When they charge $2500.oo for one quarter panel off these cars ! Hmmmm !!! And gas was cheap then! This Ambulance was offered to the CLC guys, first,Someone might have been looking for one of these. I am very happy with the 59 Coupe that I bought through this CLC Forum.Shure beats dealing with Ebay and having to compete with the whole World! There is always highs and lows on everything and there will always be bottom feaders that only buy low! Its funny how many people put down a old classic car as they drive off in there,Over priced,plastic new car! Ken Perry       
Cadillac Ken

Gene Beaird

Considering these things are usually rusting themselves apart where the coachwork joined the original body, this one seems in decent, if uncared for, condition.  Man, I'd LOVE to have this car in the shop, but I _really_ have too many projects already, including work still to do on our two Cadillacs.  I really hope it gets in the hands of someone who will do it right. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Ken Perry

Cadillac Ken

russ austin

Ken, I do hope you get the asking price.  Just speaking from experience, as I part out CC's, Limo's and 63/64 cadillacs. 
R.Austin

Ken Perry

I FIX cars and sell a few extra parts! I put things back together that most people would part out,At some point the bodys run out and every one has the parts they need,then the parts are not so easy to sell or worth as much! I LOVE Cadillacs and don't like to( kill them), if there is a chance for them to be fixed! Its not all about money for me its a passion ! I wonder how many 1960 Cadillac Superior Ambulances are left ????Im Guessing not a lot  !  Everything on this Earth is only worth what someone will pay for it !!! Im just being nice and listing this for a friend, also Thought someone in the CLC might be interested in such a rare Cadillac!!! Compared to some of the things I fix ,this is a cake  walk,see picture below. Ken Perry   
Cadillac Ken

russ austin

Hopefully you can dry off your corn flakes. I'll try not to pee in them again.

Lighten up
R.Austin

n2caddies

I have to chime in here.
Just because something may not be your cup of tea or fit your buying criteria does not mean others including myself don't find the topic informative and interesting. I like to see the exchange of ideas and help provided by CLC members to each other. Russ your commens to Ken were unnecessary and frankly out of line with the spirit of all CLC forums. Sure it's a free country so feel free to keep your unconstructive comments to yourself.
Randy George
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Jeff Wilk

I will add my two cents.....

-  Ken has always provided great info and raised great questions on this forum
-  If anyone would have asked Ken for more details (like I did) they would realize what great condition this vehicle is in. Russ. Not sure if you did that.
-  A good rule of thumb for email usage anywhere is to leave out personal attacks since too many times people read emotions into the words that were never being conveyed in the first place. Express opinions certainly, but leave out the sniping and derogatory remarks

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Chris Conklin

fo·rum 
/ˈfôrəm/
Noun
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
An Internet message board.

Hmmmm... I guess civility and respect of those views (even contrary or derogatory ones) isn't really a component. Carry on then.  ;)

EDIT: Had to mention, it is obvious by my icon that one of my cars is an overpriced plastic car. As someone who can appreciate the old and new, I took no offense to that derogatory statement by a previous poster.
Chris Conklin

Big Fins

I think that the poster was just unaware of the real value of a totally trashed 60, over a decent 63-64 parts car. No matter the condition of the 60, it'll always be worth more. And an ambulance that is near complete will easily compete in cost with a running 63-64.

I was a newbie once. I got slapped a few times too. I still do. I can't help it. I have an opinion like anyone else. I just voice mine differently. But I try to be good.  8)
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

russ austin

I dont believe that I'm being slapped around. They, as myself have an opinion, and I'm voicing mine.  I would love to see pics of the car with the front clip on. 
R.Austin

MB49Caddy

I didnt find anyone's comments out of line honestly.

Not sure if he will get asking price for it but everyone has an opinion and they are free to share it.

MB
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

Ken Perry

At some point I will get some pics of it with the front clip and back bumper on,if its still around. The ambulance is about 35 miles from me and I don't go over there very often and they don't have a digital camera or computer to send me pics.If someone gets real interested in it, I will get the pics. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Big Fins

Ken. I know a few folks that haunt this board quietly. They are begging for pics of the 'cakewalk' '59, that you may have resurrected. Was that car in a roll over or broadsided real hard?

Do you have any to share?
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Ken Perry

I wasn't saying that my wrecked 59 Coupe was a cakewalk to fix,I was saying that compared to my 59 the Ambulance would be a cakewalk to fix,along with some other stuff I have fixed over the years. I will post some pics on the general discussion. And will tell some of the storie about the car. Ken Perry 
Cadillac Ken

Big Fins

Current:

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

wrench

Thanks for posting. While I am not interested in a purchase at this point, I am always interested in the commercial chassis cars. Some have nice lines and some do not. I think this one has curb appeal.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX