Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Want To Buy / Re: 1948-75 upholstry
« Last post by Barry M Wheeler #2189 on Today at 03:06:21 PM »
That material was used for many years. I found a 1941 60S with it (SO car) once. I call it the "reverse diamond" material. (One row one way, the next upside down.) Good luck.
Want To Buy / 1932 Cadillac hubcaps
« Last post by MitchHodge on Today at 02:32:37 PM »
Looking for some good original 1932 Cadillac hubcaps

Sending me a picture and your asking price

Thank you,

MitchWHodge@yahoo.com
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 346 water in the oil and cylinders??
« Last post by gary griffin on Today at 02:27:02 PM »
 Bobby,

I did not tighten the radiator cap but I will reinstall the head and try a pressure test before anything else.  It was running so smoothly and then vapor in the exhaust grew and grew. I am not sure the larger volume of water and anti freeze in the cylinder was from leak.  If I go through this again I will drain the system to below the cylinder level before removing  a head.

General Discussion / Re: Scams on the "wanted to buy" forum
« Last post by gary griffin on Today at 02:17:28 PM »
I got an email from Caroline about my "advert" also from someone trolling our forum.  She wants my address to send info about the 1940 emblem I may need.  As it turns out I had mine chrome plated with a bunch or other parts fro a different restoration and it was in the garage on the Dodge shelf. 

One of the many advantages to this forum is communicating scams and opportunities along with the knowledge we share.

As I recall the only non response posting I have made was for the rare emblem I already have.
« Last post by Bobby B on Today at 02:17:16 PM »
Gary,
 Hi. Before you pour that crap in, did you pressurize your cooling system like we spoke about? Again, you're wasting your time and money without getting to the root of the problem. Bars Leak is a Band-Aid usually reserved for used car dealers who want to sell a car with a head gasket/cooling system issue. They shouldn't even sell that stuff. A few days ago my best friend was getting blow-by in his air filter and water droplets out of the exhaust in his Ford Truck. He was ready to pour that stuff in or pull the head. I told him to check his PCV valve which is impossible to see under the manifold. Lo and Behold, it was disconnected. Re-installed it, no more issues. Don't be so quick to complicate matters until you find out what's going on. Then you can jump in head first.....
            Bobby
« Last post by gary griffin on Today at 01:57:35 PM »
Considering Harry's post and since I have one head off anyway I am considering Bars leak solution.

Sort of flipping a coin so to speak.

I would remove the other head  and I would leave water level as it is with the heads off and place pulverized chunks of bars leak in the water. After that I would put the heads back on and run the engine carefully monitoring temperature at the low water level, and then I would slowly pour warm water with bars leak into the radiator also. I am open to any other ideas ?? Worst case is ruining the engine. I would not tighten the radiator cap until a lot of cycles of heating and cooling occurred.

My first inkling of a problem was when I topped of the radiator and started getting vapor in the exhaust and I suspect the water and anti freeze in the cylinders are from a direct leak into the combustion chamber.
Ah, so not the process failing then? ::)
For Sale / Re: 1965 Convertible; $2500 Bucket Seat Car
« Last post by Bobby B on Today at 01:44:16 PM »
what is a SBC?

SBC-Small Block Chevy  ;).......BBC-Big Block Chevy.
                                                               Bobby
« Last post by Bobby B on Today at 01:41:33 PM »
The woman who owned the other side of the PayPal transaction swore she didn't know anything about it. So, it is also possible to have a PayPal transactions reversed.

If she swore she didn't know anything about it, how about making good on it then? And Yes, if you pay with PayPal THROUGH your credit card, you have a case, even when it is legit and the product, car, etc. was not "as advertised". They will go to bat for you and they'll work hand-in-hand with your credit card company. The last thing PayPal needs is a bad rap. Now eBay, that's a different story altogether ::)........
                                                                                                                                                            Bobby
« Last post by Rob Leech on Today at 01:11:24 PM »
 This has been a very informative thread, thanks to all for your suggestions and experience about buying and selling in todays world. Keep them coming if you know more. I hope we have saved someone the misfortune of a scam.
 One thing nobody mentioned about PayPal. I saw this happen to my son. He sold his password to a video game and they deposited the money in my PayPal account. They took over his game and changed the password, then stopped payment on the PayPal transaction. He was stuck, I couldn't get the money back for him. The woman who owned the other side of the PayPal transaction swore she didn't know anything about it. So, it is also possible to have a PayPal transactions reversed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!