News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For Sale - Parts / 1954-1956 red carpet
Last post by mark22 - Yesterday at 10:39:42 PM
ACC carpet, brand new in box, make offer. I need it gone. Never removed from box, absolutely mint. It is the thick, high end eldorado version.
For Sale - Parts / Re: 1954 Parts for sale
Last post by mark22 - Yesterday at 10:38:43 PM
I'm sorry I do not... I have newly chromed bumpers and ends. Also, I have red eldorado carpet.
General Discussion / Re: Where are the OEM Parts Su...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 10:35:26 PM
Quote from: Carfreak on Yesterday at 05:50:32 AMSteven,

Did you see this website? Looks like they got bought out but not sure how long ago. Have you tried to contact the new owners and got crickets or were you using an old email address?

https://www.cadillacville.com/

I believe they were bought out as well. Have met the new owner a few times and he is very good to deal with. I highly recommend Cadillacville as they have been fair & honest to deal with. Contact is via the link posted by Sue. Clay/Lexi
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 6 volt Group 2 batteries
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 10:00:44 PM
So those are top post to stud adapters and home made buss bars?
General Discussion / Re: 1955 battery removal
Last post by V63 - Yesterday at 09:27:40 PM
With battery fully disconnected and ready to hoist out... I have securely clamped a large vise grips to the inside battery top post (closest engine) and lift it out using the vice grip as a handle.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Under Seat Heater wiring
Last post by Upnorth - Yesterday at 09:14:55 PM
Jeff thanks kindly for the information it appears I should relax and wait. The information is excellent

I did find  a small capillary tube attached to the block that appears to go to the heating valve ( I am guessing this is the on control) and another one from the valve that stops under the dash by the steering column (Temp control ?)

Does anybody have a guess on what controls the fan speed

many thanks to all for the  help

Cheers Al
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 6 volt Group 2 batteries
Last post by Jim Miller - Yesterday at 09:10:48 PM
Here a photo re: my earlier post
General Discussion / 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood
Last post by MIKIMBIN1 - Yesterday at 09:09:19 PM
Hi I try to Install the Gabriel 82125 Rear shock absorbers and the top Bolt is too short, any good source and brand and model recomended?
Thanks
General Discussion / Re: 1942 Cadillac
Last post by Tom Boehm - Yesterday at 08:55:02 PM
The answer to your question is  430  according to the chart Mike posted. There were three versions of a 7533 in 1942. (7533L, 7533F, and 7533). Your data plate says your car is a 7533. The data plate body number is #157. That means your car was the 157th 7533 made in 1942. Your car cannot be a 7533L or 7533F because they made less than 157 of those.
Restoration Corner / Re: 1930 Lasalle Restoration
Last post by Lasalle29 - Yesterday at 08:44:36 PM
When you need 10, 1930 interior window shade brackets for your Lasalle because the originals are broke or not usable and to buy them is at the value price of $290 a pair.......say it with me.......

What Do You Do?

Yep......you make them. Gary & I spent all day Saturday making a prototype and after some tweaking, sanding, and polishing we had a plan.
Gary was able to make all 10 yesterday. Now to make the final cuts, and shape, then I will be ready to polish them.

Next challenge is finding the right silk fabric for the actual shades, as the originals were silk and lightweight.

#1930lasalle
#hercinderellastory
#itsajourney