News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1991 Brougham d'Elegance for Sale

Started by Morgan Murphy, May 09, 2008, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Murphy

I am selling my 1991 Brougham d'Elegance. The car has just 44,000 miles and is a gorgeous silver with Carmine Red interior. There is NO rust, no dents or dings. Nary a paint chip. Frequent readers of this forum may remember that my d'Elegance was stolen about a year ago by the valets at my club. Though the damage was mainly a few dings and scratches, I opted to have the car repainted (at a cost of $13,000). I have receipts. Today you'll find a gorgeous paint job, lovely new emblems throughout, and an as-new appearance. It wears a brand-new reproduction set of Royal Seals (with the correct yellow stripe). All options are in perfect working order, including the radio antenna and electrochromatic rearview mirror. The 5.0 litre engine runs smooth and strong.

The car took third place at Grand National in Savannah this summer.

I'd like the car to go to a CLC member, so am offering it here first for $11,000. My email is morganwwmurphy@mac.com or my cell (205) 447-7007. I am located in Birmingham, Ala., which is served by most major airlines, including Southwest.

"If the man wants to buy a Cadillac, let the man buy a Cadillac."
J.M. Murphy, 1959

David #19063

David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

caddykid60

Hi.

I was wondering where you were able to find those reproduction tires.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike Kelley
1960 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance
1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Wagon

35-709

Here's one of the best places ---- http://www.dbtires.com/ 
Diamondback Tires
:)
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Fred

Is the title clear from the theft.
Does it have leather interior, if so send me more pictures of it.
Thanks
Freddie

Morgan Murphy

To answer a few questions: yes, the title is clear. Because the car was valued at $17,000 (Old Car Price Guide), the $13,000 paint job did not "total" the vehicle.

And of course, the car itself is beautiful. The paint is gorgeous, clear, and has a deep, deep luster. The details are all correct. We used our 1990 Brougham as a guide for things such as the hand-painted pinstripes. Even discerning Cadillac experts can't tell the difference from a factory job.

The tires are from Diamond Back. If you're looking for a set, ask them to pull up my file (under Morgan Murphy). They'll have all the measurements there.

The interior is leather.
"If the man wants to buy a Cadillac, let the man buy a Cadillac."
J.M. Murphy, 1959

FreddieD

Morgan.
Please contact me at mixgreat@aol.
Send me your contact number.
Fred