News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941-58 NEW Weatherhead flexible fuel lines from Napa auto

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, April 03, 2010, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tito Sobrinho

Bill and Walter:
When the NAPA WH 11093 availability was broadcasted in 2010, I went to our local NAPA and order one from my friend who I've I known for years. He was reluctant to sell me saying "This hose is for hydraulic and air application" I bought it anyway. Installed in my '49 and after months of usage, deterioration occurred.
The 11093 has an ID of 1/4 that's not very friendly concernig vapor lock.  McVey's sold me the one that has an ID of 5/16 for gas usage.
After reading John Washburn article in the SS, I went to Advance Auto Parts and bought the fuel injection 5/16 SAE 30R9 rubber hose immune to the "junk" added to our present gasoline. A local hose fitting place, installed the proper fittings from the metal line to the fuel pump and if McVey's fails, I'm ready with this one.
It's important to add that for a long time, I  just use "ethanol free" gas in my car.

Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Jay Friedman

I bought an NOS line many years ago and haven't had any problems yet.  On the other hand, for the most part I only use ethanol-free gasoline as there is a station selling it not far from my house. 

In fact, I drove my '49 from my home in Georgia to the GN in New York, filling up at stations selling ethanol-free gas all the way.  A web site, www.historicvehicle.org, has a nation-wide list of them along with maps so you can see where they are in relation to your route while travelling.  I was lucky since with one exception they were all ½ mile or less from the interstates.  The exception was a gap between Allentown PA and Albany NY where I had to fill up once with ethanol gas. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Jon S

I've read all of the posts. I have to tell you I have rebuilt my carburetor several times and changed the fuel pump and have not seen any adverse effects from Ethanol use. Maybe I have just been lucky.

My 1981 Corvette has never had its Quadrajet touched since new and also seems just fine.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT