Author Topic: Article Archive  (Read 1829 times)

Offline quadfins

• Jim Eccleston CLC 16079
  • Administrator
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #16079
Article Archive
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »
It has been asked if it is possible to create a forum that would serve as a sort of Cyber-Archive for technical articles from past Self-Starter issues.

In the Directory, there is an index page with the topics. Would it be possible to create a similar forum, with links to the articles?

Newer articles, submitted electronically, could be added. Earlier articles could, perhaps, be scanned out of back issues, or even re-typed and submitted digitally.

I would be willing to scan and type, if such a thing could be created.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC

Offline Jeff Hansen

• Administrator
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #4225
  • Name: Jeff Hansen
Re: Article Archive
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:21:12 AM »
Because it involves publishing items from our magazine online, we'd better run it by the Board of Directors first.  I'll ask Lars to bring it up at the next meeting.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Offline quadfins

• Jim Eccleston CLC 16079
  • Administrator
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #16079
Re: Article Archive
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »
Don Boshara has clarified this point - He is the contact man listed in the directory, and has the back articles saved electronically. He informs us that he will send copies to any member upon request.

That seems to solve everyone's concerns - as long as we all read the directory and realize that this valuable service is available to us!

maybe all we need is a sticky note at the top of the Technical Forum, reminding members that this service is available, and to check their Directory. I'll be happy to compose one.

Jim
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:20:01 PM by quadfins »
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC