Author Topic: iPhone 4 and posting images here?  (Read 1887 times)

Wm Link

iPhone 4 and posting images here?
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:22:01 AM »
The post 'image' button on the posting page does not appear "active" and will not respond. Err-huh...anyone know why? I had a similar issue with craigslist and installed an app to sucessfully address it. I doubt there is a CLC app!

Offline Jeff Hansen

• Administrator
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #4225
  • Name: Jeff Hansen
Re: iPhone 4 and posting images here?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
William,

Can you be a little more specific when you refer to the 'post "image" button?'

Are you referring to the "Post" button you click to actually post your message or are you referring to the "Browse" button you use to attach a photo with?

BTW, you are correct, there is no iPhone app for the CLC.  If you would like to write one or help write one, I'm all ears!

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Wm link

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:38:55 PM »
Yes, you wrote what I ment! Or is it actual the 'choose file' button.

Offline Chris Conklin

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #25055
  • Name: Chris Conklin
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 03:32:45 PM »
I believe it's the "Choose File" button to add a file, that is grayed out (I'm on a 3GS). You can post and reply with text.
Chris Conklin

Offline Jeff Hansen

• Administrator
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #4225
  • Name: Jeff Hansen
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:57:02 PM »
To answer your question, William, the 'choose file' button is meant to interface with a computer's operating system to display a file selection dialog.  I'm guessing its a bit different on a handheld device so the button is not available.

There isn't a CLC app for the iPhone, but I have discovered there are iPhone apps to interface with this forum software (SMF or Simple Machines Forum).  Do a search with your favorite search engine and you'll likely find several.  I can't guarantee any of them will work, but it might be worth investigating.  If you do try one, please let us know how it works.

Thanks!
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan