News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 6049 series

Started by Paul Tesone, March 27, 2011, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

Close ups of the before and after of the speaker box .

Paul Tesone

Radio speaker box painted . Almost ready for the road . Can hardly wait to replace the brown interior with red leather . Forgot to sign my last post - sorry . Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

Andrew Armitage

Paul, your car looks like it's coming together nicely.  I think that the grey / red combo looks really sharp.  The dash looks great, I'm going to look into that company for my project, thanks for the info.
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

Stinson

Paul, the dash is beautiful! I would not change a thing.
Ty Stinson
CLC22330
Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330

Paul Tesone

Andrew & Ty - thanks for the support . It really does give me a great deal of satisfaction to share  my successes , mistakes  and what little knowledge I have with the readers . Hopefully , someone will benefit from my experiences . Paul Tesone CLC #6876

Stinson

Hello Paul,
Is your dash white or a very light grey. I think it is beautiful.
Ty Stinson
CLC11220
Ty Stinson
'37 Cad 8519 Touring Sedan V12
CLC22330

Paul Tesone

Hi Ty - thanks for the compliment . The dash is neither white nor light grey . It's actually a light beige , but the camera's flash gives it an even lighter appearance . The authenticity manual calls for a beige but I don't believe it states exactly what shade of beige it should be . After looking a a number of photos of  37 dashes and seeing a few in person , I couldn't find a consistant beige color . After a while , I was driving myself crazy trying to be as authentic as possible . Since my searches did not come up with a reoccuring consistant color, I picked a beige  that would give some contrast to the olive burlwood center of the dash . I think it is lighter than it should be ; but it does seem to allow the center portion of the dash to stand out , so I don't regret using it ,even if it isn't the exact shade it's supposed to be . The front and rear door window trim was recently put on . I'll try and post pictures of them and a more accurate photo of  the dash in natural sunlight . Paul Tesone CLC #6876

Paul Tesone

Hi again Ty - finally got the car out to a show . It's not done yet , but getting there . New upolstory and top is next plus a few odds and ends . Here are some photos that are more representative of the light beige dash color . As I said before , I'm sure it's not the authentic color , but it works for me . Also are photos of the door and front window trim .

Paul Tesone

Three more photos. Sorry - forgot to sign my previous post .Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

Paul Tesone

Last one for now . I've got to be nuts for considering a change in the upholstory, because the brown actually looks pretty good . But it's vinyl and it's supposed to be leather, and there is an area on one of the door panels that mice got at . I doubt that I could get a good repair match even if I wanted to. So , the new interior will be the red seen in the photo . I think the red will look better with the grey exterior and the wood trim will also show better . This is a sickness ! Paul Tesone CLC #6876

Paul Tesone

FINALLY - the car is getting a long awaited top and leather interior . I have enough red leather samples to make a quilt ; but I did find one that I liked and ordered the hides ( Ralph , at Kaleen Leathers was very helpful ) . The vinyl interior has been removed , the floors are to get a Por-15 treatment , the seats are being rebuilt , and wooden templates have been made prior to the new leather door panels . I think another three weeks of work and all will be done . Well , it's never really done . Final photos to follow .Paul Tesone CLC #6876

Paul Tesone

More photos . Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

harvey b

Paul, the car looks good,i still have my original door panels here if you need something for your uphostery guy to see.O ne thing about these cars that bugs me is the front seat is not adjustable,I fit,but i wish i could put the seat back another inch or so,make sure that the springs in the seat are good and stiff,the clown who did mine just stuffed the sagging springs with some type of fuzzy stuff,so when i sit in the seat i sink quite low,it is hard to see over the dash,i wish i could sit higher so i could see better?my seat looks nice but is really soft so i sink a lot.Again that may be related to wanting to put the seat back,too many cheeseburgers maybe!. Harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Paul Tesone

Thanks Harvey - I still have the photos and measurements you sent me a while back . I hope that they will be sufficient . I'm trying my best to get the upholstorers to reproduce the exact stitching and raised piping as original on seats and door panels. I've never used this shop before , but it comes well recommended and they do seem to be concerned with details . Floors have been cleaned and coated with Por 15 , heat/sound insulation is next . Seat frames and rear armrests being repaired and reinforced with new wood where indicated . Cardboard backings on door panels are to be replaced with luan . Hope to have some leather photos soon . ...Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

Paul Tesone

Two more - P Tesone CLC # 6876

Paul Tesone

Last one - P Tesone CLC # 6876

Paul Tesone

Seats being rebuilt with foam and improved base support .

Paul Tesone

Heat/sound insulation , Por 15 in trunk , cardboard lining of top well being replaced . Paul Tesone CLC #6876

Paul Tesone

Progress - wood now lining the convertible top well and seats taking shape . Paul Tesone CLC #6876

Fred Pennington 25635

Nice Job!!,  where did you get the sound deadening material?

Fred P.
Fred Pennington, CLC 25635
1940, LaSalle 5019
1940 LaSalle 5019 parts car
1968 Ford Bronco
1973 Mustang Convertible
2012 Shelby GT500