News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Car Show from Down Under (Picnic in the Park)

Started by 1928isgreat, April 17, 2012, 05:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1928isgreat

Hi All,

Greetings from The Basin, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Thought you may enjoy seeing our yearly car club gathering called "Picnic in the Park".

Some beautiful cars including a few Caddys, Lasalles, Chevs and a few other makes as well.

Record turnout this year, some damn fine motor cars.

http://my28chev.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/15th-april-2012-pakenham-picnic-in-park.html

Cheers

Richardonly

Hello,

A fine and HUGE collection of automobiles.  So many that I must admit, I did not view them all.  But I shall return to do so.

Some I could not figure out what they were, and the Cadillacs and other makes were enjoyable to look at with their right hand drive.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Regards, Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Gene Beaird

And it looks like the weather was nearly perfect!  Thanks for sharing.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Jay Friedman

Great photos of great cars.  Love your Chev!  Was '28 the last year of the 4 cylinder Chev or the 1st year of the 6?  Reason I ask is that years ago I helped rebuild the motor of a 4 and remember having to fabricate a new oil baffle for it. 

A non-scientific observation: it seems to me that at the Picnic in the Park were a higher proportion of Chevrolets and a lower proportion of Fords than one would see at a similar event in the US. 

I particularly appreciate restorers of American cars outside the US since, also years ago (I'm old), I was involved (not hands on) in the restoration of an antique Ford when living in Asia.  Getting parts, of course, was a challenge, though some were found locally, and much more resourcefulness was required in all apects of the task than would be the case in the US.

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

C.R. Patton II

Hello Ray

I really appreciate you for sharing those shots. I have to save my nickels for a trip to view the countryside and those cars! Thanks
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

1928isgreat

Quote from: Jay Friedman on April 17, 2012, 09:05:57 AM
Great photos of great cars.  Love your Chev!  Was '28 the last year of the 4 cylinder Chev or the 1st year of the 6?  Reason I ask is that years ago I helped rebuild the motor of a 4 and remember having to fabricate a new oil baffle for it. 

A non-scientific observation: it seems to me that at the Picnic in the Park were a higher proportion of Chevrolets and a lower proportion of Fords than one would see at a similar event in the US. 

Hi Jay,

thanks for your and others replies, events like this makes you aware how wide spread the pass time of old cars is. 1928 Chevs were intended to be 6 cylinders, the chassis was extended 4 inches to take the new donk, but they were not able to get it into production in time, so 28's have a four inch shroud around the back of the radiator to make the fan work properly.

You are right, not a lot of Fords this year. Last year even though the theme was 100 years of Chev, there was a large display of Fords also.

Below is the link to last years Picnic in the Park

http://my28chev.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/2011-may-engine-mounts_16.html

Cheers

Ray