News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac

Started by TONY PSAILA, July 27, 2012, 08:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONY PSAILA

Hi my name is TonyPsaila From South Africa and 5 years ago i found a 1937 Cadillac hiding in a shed here.

i have had the car in a restoration shop for 3 years and it's nearly finnished all i need is 4 Hub Caps, can any one help me with this?

look forward to hearing form you all.

regards

Tony

harry s

Tony,   I'm sure you know that the 1937 & 38 hubcaps are the right ones for your car. They are very hard to dind. McVey used to have reproductions. I don't think they have any now. They do appear on ebay occassionally. Good Luck, Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Classic

According to the 1937 authenticity manual (available from the CLC headquarters), there were both hub caps (smaller diameter) and accessory wheel discs (larger diameter) available for 1937.  I can't remember if I've ever seen the smaller ones on a car, but there is a picture in the authenticity manual.  The cars I've seen all have had the larger wheel discs.  Keep in mind there are 2 different larger wheel discs.  The 70 Series and below (5-stud wheels) have a 2" high mounting ring, whereas the 75-85 Series (6-stud wheels) have a 1.5" high mounting ring.  They are not interchangeable.  As Harry says, McVey's had the larger wheel discs.  Not sure if they still do.  It's worth giving them a call at  (913) 722-0707 .   Or contact them at http://www.mcveys.com/parts/pc/contact.asp .  I see your car is right-hand drive - very rare.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

tozerco

Hi Tony,

Car looks great. I think I have one spare hubcap you can have. Needs a little bit of work but nothing you couldn't handle.

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

TONY PSAILA

Quote from: Classic on July 27, 2012, 01:44:56 PM
According to the 1937 authenticity manual (available from the CLC headquarters), there were both hub caps (smaller diameter) and accessory wheel discs (larger diameter) available for 1937.  I can't remember if I've ever seen the smaller ones on a car, but there is a picture in the authenticity manual.  The cars I've seen all have had the larger wheel discs.  Keep in mind there are 2 different larger wheel discs.  The 70 Series and below (5-stud wheels) have a 2" high mounting ring, whereas the 75-85 Series (6-stud wheels) have a 1.5" high mounting ring.  They are not interchangeable.  As Harry says, McVey's had the larger wheel discs.  Not sure if they still do.  It's worth giving them a call at  (913) 722-0707 .   Or contact them at http://www.mcveys.com/parts/pc/contact.asp .  I see your car is right-hand drive - very rare.

Thank you very much for this Info, I will try and get in touch with them.

TONY PSAILA

Quote from: Classic on July 27, 2012, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: harry s on July 27, 2012, 10:10:31 AM
Tony,   I'm sure you know that the 1937 & 38 hubcaps are the right ones for your car. They are very hard to dind. McVey used to have reproductions. I don't think they have any now. They do appear on ebay occassionally. Good Luck, Harry
Quote from: TONY PSAILA on July 27, 2012, 08:53:03 AM
Hi my name is TonyPsaila From South Africa and 5 years ago i found a 1937 Cadillac hiding in a shed here.

i have had the car in a restoration shop for 3 years and it's nearly finnished all i need is 4 Hub Caps, can any one help me with this?

look forward to hearing form you all.

regards

Tony
Quote from: tozerco on July 30, 2012, 09:18:27 PM
Hi Tony,

Car looks great. I think I have one spare hubcap you can have. Needs a little bit of work but nothing you couldn't handle.

Regards,
Hi John,
Thank you for your Offer,can i see a picture of it to see if it matches my other 3 i have.

tozerco

Tony,

I am travelling until late September so I can't help with a photo till then,

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

Gene Beaird

Tony,

I can't help with the caps, but that's an absolutely beautiful car, and absolutely beautiful restoration.  Lucky find!

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

tozerco

Tony,

I'm back home and I've lost your email address. I have photos of the button hubcap I have.

tozerco email addresses not permitted dot com

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

Jeff Wilk

Very seriously.......what a small world it has become......and what a great hobby and club this is.  The simple fact that total strangers from across the globe can locate other individuals with a common interest anywhere in the world who can provide specific help in finding some long forgotten piece of metal or such is incredible. 

Sorry, but sometimes you just have to stop and think about things like this. When all we typically hear is whats wrong with the world its important to remember all that is good too. Ive often said that good things happen when you start by focusing on, and building from, common ground. The CLC and our hobby sure seems to have the ability to span the globe in finding these common grounds.

Just a positive thought for today. AWESOME!!!!  :)

"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

tozerco

Jeff,

How right you are! Having just returned to Australia after visiting Steve Passmore in England and just missing Ty Stinson from the US who visited Steve a week later, I have just found a hubcap for Tony Psaila from South Africa. This little group has been exchanging bits and information for 1937 Cadillacs for a few years now, usually gratis. Gene Menne from Indiana has been in the mix too from time to time and has provided great assistance to me with my car/s. You can also throw John Washburn into the group though he usually likes a bottle of a red wine now and again to prime him to let loose with his enormous knowledge of these cars.

Just part of a great worldwide community borne out of an interest in Cadillacs.

Regards,
John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533