Author Topic: Why doesn't parts of website no longer work on my IPad2?  (Read 5234 times)

Offline 52Cadillac

• Name: M Reynolds
Why doesn't parts of website no longer work on my IPad2?
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »
Forum home link no longer connects me to all discussions. It will only go to,page with stats/users online, etc. I cannot access classifieds, etc.
Is there a mobile app for our site? Will this site, in the future, be supporting to the mobile user?
Thanks, Mike
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:40:44 AM by 52Cadillac »
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Offline Peter Gariepy 26457

• Administrator
  • CLC Webmaster
  • Name: P. Gariepy
Re: Why doesn't parts of website no longer work on my IPad2?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
i have an ipad and the site works great.  can you send me screen dumps of the problems you are seeing?

no plans for a mobile specific version of the forum.

Offline 52Cadillac

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:55:38 PM »
Sorry Peter, but this is my first Apple product along with a new iPhone. How do I send you screen dumps?
SemperFiFund.org

Offline Paul Phillips

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #27214
  • Name: P Phillips
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
Peter
I think the 'works great' depends on what you are trying to do with an iPad.  If you want to browse or do a text only post, it works, but there is no way I have found to be able to upload photos or pdf documents as attachments.  Please share the answer if there is one, otherwise, this is a serious limitation for those of us who try to help each other out by sharing information.

Thanks
Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)

Offline Glen

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #727
  • Name: Glen Houlton
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 12:18:03 AM »
When I look at this forum with my Android X2 I donít see the REPLY, NOTIFY, MARK UNREAD or SEND THIS TOPIC buttons near the top or bottom of the page.  Only the PRINT button shows up.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Offline 52Cadillac

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 06:55:17 AM »
I have a craigslist program I use. Initially I was able to post up pics with it. It now will not allow it.
 I hope this sites webmaster will consider making this site iPad and iPhone compatible. There is tons of info held onto by Members and quests who aren't members yet. How to, tutorials with pics and video will not be posted by some, because it's not convenient to do so with the operating system some use. even a reduced version would be beneficial for those who like Apple products. This goes for the droid users as well. Lots of mobile people were taking pics of our Caddy while it was on the road between SC, and Texas, and they and are unable to them share with this site. Hopefully this site will incorporate all users in the near future, and not just windows based users. I suppose Macs do work on the site, but don't know for sure. Mobile users need to be included. M2C
 Mike
SemperFiFund.org