Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!

Author Topic: Parts for sale, cars for sale, sorting  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Scot Minesinger

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #20543
Parts for sale, cars for sale, sorting
« on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:19 PM »
Hi and thanks for reading.  I suggested separating "For Sale" and "wanted".  It would be more user friendly if we could go a step further:

Parts and cars should be separated, so that we have "cars for sale", parts for sale", "cars wanted" and "parts wanted"  Then these need to be sorted by year.

For example, if you wanted to buy a 1973 steering wheel, you would need to read the entire "for sale category".  It would be temping to give up.  What ever sorts the list be the date entered should be able to sort by year too.  You could place them in order of oldest to newest or vice versa.

I have purchased thousands of dollars in parts on e-bay because it is easy to use, and time is money.

Thanks,

Scot
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Offline The Tassie Devil(le)

• Administrator
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #18992
  • Name: Bruce Reynolds
Re: Parts for sale, cars for sale, sorting
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »
G'day Scot,

Our Webmaster, Peter, might have a suggestion on what could be done, but in the interim, you can simply do a "Search" in each of the Forums for what you want.

If you use basic search words, it will bring up anything in that criteria.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline 60eldo

• EVERYDAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY
  • Name: Johnny.K. CLC MEMBER #27762
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
BINGO SCOTT
J. Kluczynski

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 05:19:35 AM »
Even though this topic is more than 30 days I do believe its not necessary to start a new thread in the same topic.

I do agree with the original posting. The forum needs to be organized. I guess when the forum was initiated it was not expected to grow so large. But looking on the amount of posts today and its massive. Also consider how many posts there will be 10 years from now...

It would also be good if sellers are prompted to update the post when the car or part has been sold. Maybe a 30 day automatic email reminder?

Cheers

Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!