News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

first drive test 57 caddy

Started by 57caddy, January 10, 2013, 05:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57caddy

hope someone can help with this question cause its got me baffled  i put the car  into reverse it goes forward
why is this so
:(

The Tassie Devil(le)

Is the gear linkage out of adjustment?

Don't forget that these cars have a selection that is P N D L R, and not like the modern cars with P R N D L.

Could someone have changed the Transmission without changing the Quadrant lettering?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

57caddy

original box in it went thrue all the gears all went forward the adjuster on the linkage wasnt touched its out all the way to the end for some reason the car is also starting in gear could it be the nutral park switch maybe not in its corect position

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on January 10, 2013, 05:57:54 PM
Is the gear linkage out of adjustment?

Don't forget that these cars have a selection that is P N D L R, and not like the modern cars with P R N D L.

Could someone have changed the Transmission without changing the Quadrant lettering?

The Tassie Devil(le)

If it is starting in gear, then the NSS is either broken, out of adjustment, or been bypassed.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

57caddy

yep nss is broken but still not able to for some reason when the car is running it keeps poping out of reverse when i select it  i even moved the colum up so the linkage moves back more still no good  but still can reverse car if i put it in reverse then start the car i have tried all adjustments on the linkage selector even on the colum i was told not to play with the tv linkage cause that has nothing to do with it but the bloody book dose  i dont know

The Tassie Devil(le)

Sounds like an adjustment problem.

Check all the linkage bushes and the like, and also for wear in the joints themselves.

Are you saying that the steering column is loose?

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

57caddy

everything is checked  i even followed the book  the steering colum was moved up cause i had it in the wrong spot  still no change im starting to think its an inside problem i just tried selecting reverse manualy while car is running still same it only works when i start it in reverse and the car reverses its only when its running i dont get it

57caddy

is this normal where the reverse preasure valve goes
is it ment to be broken like that the peice thats small is jambed cant get it out