News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 Biarritz

Started by Nicholas Y, August 21, 2013, 01:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas Y

Have been busy but its time to get back on track!
I still haven't washed it yet, but want to drive it first.
Picture is where it was when I had to roll it out.
Brakes locked up, but a hammer helped free it up after loading
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Nicholas Y

After it was loaded I had the time to assess the underbody which is quite solid
One of the bucket seat brackets was broke so it was hard to drive into my garage leaning back!
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Nicholas Y

I cant wait to remove the bumper hitch, cant see what you need to tow! 
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

52Cadillac

Great find Nicholas.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Coupe Deville

Wow! That's a nice car! Has it been restored before?
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Nicholas Y

It was only painted in the 70s from Argent to Red.   Very little rust, original interior.  I think it must have been garage stored all it life to be this clean.
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Nicholas Y

I will be doing the Air suspension rebuild as well, but that will wait till spring before its completely functional.
Started replacing bulbs and it looks great when they illuminate
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Nicholas Y

Welded bracket so I can relax when I lean back!  Power seat doesn't move yet, top only goes down half way
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

INTMD8

Very nice!  Would love to hear the back story of where it came from and how you found it.

Chris Conklin

Very nice! I'd like to hear the back story as well.

Do you plan on returning it to Argent Silver? I would. But I prefer any color other than red, black, or white (hard to tell though, all of my cars are black!).
Chris Conklin

Nicholas Y

Car was owned by a man who was born in 1911.  He bought it in 1979, lived in Missouri.  I made a color copy of the title since it was interesting. 
Not sure on the color or really the restoration.  My current plan is to do nothing with the interior or exterior.   I do however plan to get Everything to work the way it was supposed to,  Tri power/ Air conditioning, Cruise control, Air suspension, trunk pull down, Autronic Eye, etc.   I received the build sheet and this car had received every option. 
My feeling is there are plenty of restored '59s not to many original ones which aren't in too bad of shape.
They painted the door jambs but didn't do the firewall and didn't remove any of the Eldorado trim from what I can see.  You can see the fender skirt brace is peeling and the silver is there. 
All the Eldorado fender letters are still on, It must have been a good painter since its hard to see the silver behind the letters.
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Thule

what a car! its just beautiful 

amazing how many car like that are still crawling out of hiding today
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

N Kahn

Great find, best of luck.

Barry

Wonderful find !! Keep us all posted with pics on your progress !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

59-in-pieces

Nicholas,
When I saw the picture of your dusty find, I could not believe your great fortune to find such a diamond in disguise.
You have a future of many hours of puttering ahead - enjoy them all.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

imf222

Will you sell it for 50k ?

Ron Wesselink Netherlands Europe

1953 Sedan de Ville
1958 Eldorado Seville
1959  Fleetwood
1959. Fleetwood 60s
1959 serie 62 convertible
1959 coupe de ville
1960  convertible
1960 serie 75 limo

Nicholas Y

Did some floor work, its a solid car and so I painted all of the exposed metal areas to keep it lasting longer.  This is going to be a driver car, not a restored one, so if Im able to maintain what is present I plan to do so.
Only minimal rust through, except for pass side rear pan which has a no parking sign from long ago covering it.
You can also see the gas pedal has red, since when they painted the outside, they sprayed parts of the front floor pans.  They didn't remove the kick panels either which have a bit of overspray.
I left the holes were the seat belts were located, Im planning to just cover for now in case I want to add them back later.

One note, it looks like the pass side bucket seat brackets are about 1.5" farther forward.  Also the power for drivers seat motor is on the pass side.
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Nicholas Y

I am also in the process of rewiring the convertible bow dome light, the switch and light Have to work!

One thing I noticed, is the bow bezel and cover used from an older model ?
N. Yassan
CLC #22272

Coupe Deville

A 59 convertible has a dome light factory? My 59 convertible doesn't have one.
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Nicholas Y

Only the bucket seat cars have the special light and switch.
N. Yassan
CLC #22272