News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fuel filter location and size ?

Started by 1937 LaSalle coupe, October 21, 2013, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello everyone. I am planning on a large fuel filter somewhere before the fuel pump. I just don't like to put a fuel filter between pump and carb where it's too easy for everyone to criticize.
It just looks out of place and like it does not belong there. Am I right in thinking a bigger fuel filter is better? Anyone have any photos of your installations? Thanks ... John Lehman... CLC # 26365...

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi John: I use a 5/16 Profuel filter that you see below and sold at NAPA. The filter is about 4 inches long , about 1&1/2 inches in diameter. I like the fact that you can see any crap that has been caught by the filter and then the filter screws apart for cleaning. Either clean the plastic strainer or put in a new screen and screw back together. I run a aux pump mounted on a cross member above the differential. I place the filter in the line that goes from the tank to the electric aux pump.    Bill

joeceretti

Holley recommends a pre and post filter. I just have a pre filter. Can't recall the brand though.

joeceretti

Quote from: 49er on October 22, 2013, 05:28:30 AM
I have a pre and post filter and I don't Care what anyone thinks

Pre and post, the way it should be. That's what I think.  :) Protecting our expensive and rare machines.

Upgrading my filters is another thing on the long list.