News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'37 LaSalle Project Update

Started by B Readling CLC#25871, October 26, 2013, 11:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Readling CLC#25871

Been working on my LaSalle for awhile now, time for an update on here. Some before and after pics of Chassis and Body. Still got a ways to go. Comments welcome. Thanks for looking!
Brady - CLC#25871

Fred Pennington 25635

Nice!,
2 questions,
How did you separate the gas tank?
What is the coating on the floor?

Fred P.
Fred Pennington, CLC 25635
1940, LaSalle 5019
1940 LaSalle 5019 parts car
1968 Ford Bronco
1973 Mustang Convertible
2012 Shelby GT500

Earl I

Very nice job your doing. In 2005 we bought a 1937 La Salle from my brother in Bakersfield, Calif. Your first photo looks a lot like our car did but not a lot of rust. The last time it was registered was 1972 in Reno, Nevada. It took 2 years and a lot of money, blood sweat and tears to finish. Well, it's never finished! Fat Man Fabrication did the front end, and we installed a nova rear end with higher gear ratio recently. 350 Fuel injected, ram jet Chevy crate engine and B&M transmission. Painted it 2 tone blue. Have collected a few nice trophies at local car shows, many local parades and took it on a 10,000 road trip in 2008. Enjoy your project and keep us posted. Earl and Sally Ice. Gulf Shores, Alabama.

B Readling CLC#25871

Fred,
I used a die grinder and cut the edge all the way around the tank ,like you would to remove a door skin,and used a torch to melt the solder ,remove the two strips around the edge and pull the tank apart.remove the rust with molasses and water. Then I had the tank galvanized and made the strips to go back around the edge and then I had the tank resodered.
I  am involved in an automotive restoration course and I had much help from folks that have more knowledge and skill than I ever will have.
Brady - CLC#25871

B Readling CLC#25871

Fred,
Question two-I coated the floor with bed liner,used a gun to spray it on. Thanks for your comments
Brady - CLC#25871

B Readling CLC#25871

Earl I,
Thanks for your comments. The road trip sounds like great fun.If this project is ever completed I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to set out on the road for a journey like that.
WHO am I kidding! I'll have to hitchhike to the poor house I'll be broke.
Brady - CLC#25871

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hi Brady. Looks like you have your LaSalle under control. I have a '37 coupe. Keep updating on what you are getting done. I have a question for you. Someone on my '37 coupe ( would be the same as your sedan ) removed the 2 brackets on the front horn sections where the bumper arms bolt to. I have the brackets and need to know from you or anyone else what is the distance between the 2 brackets that the bumper arms mount to?  Thanks.... John Lehman... CLC# 26365....

Earl I

Brady, please send the measurements of the 2 brackets on the front horn section to John Lehman CLC member # 26365. He is the one requesting them and you sent them to me by mistake I believe. Also thank you for the chrome recommendation. Our daugther and grand kids live in Chapel Hill Tenn., so we could combine a trip in the near future! Earl Ice