News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

73 eldorado pace car

Started by 12voltdoc, December 15, 2013, 08:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12voltdoc

hi group,
i just purchased this vehicle from an estate sale. vin number 6l67s3q432974.
can you please provide me more info on this car. it has the stickers including
the festival duty. just wanted to know if this vehicle is real or a clone. thanks

TJ Hopland

Hang in here for a bit.  There are people here that can give you the basic info you seek, I'm sure one of them will be along soon. 

There is also an data base of the known track cars and an authenticity manual for those cars.  I don't remember the details about that stuff either but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

From what I remember there were a couple cars used on the track, like 20 cars used around the track and race related events, then there was few hundred (one per dealer?) replica cars that came with the name plate and a couple minor options.   The rest were just white and red converts out of what I think there were a total of 9,000 ish converts for the model year.  Apparently the name place was available as a repair part so it is/was pretty easy to make a fake. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Your VIN: 6L67S3Q432974   is one of the 513 replicas sold through dealerships. It is NOT one of the 53 cars used at the track. There were a total of 566 cars produced with the SRX-20 Pace Car Decor trim package. Only cars used in the parade and by the Festival Committee had the round  500 Festival decal on the rear quarters.   We have previous knowledge of your cars VIN in our database as a known authenticated survivor.   Please forward your name, address, email and phone to me so that we can update our records.   Thanks, Tim Pawl CLC#4383   Author, 1973 Cadillac Indy 500 Pace Car Authenticity Manual.       248-709-9471 

colinlikens

Hi Mr. Pawl,

I am considering buying a 1973 Eldorado convertible that the owner believes to be one of the 500+ Indy Pace Car replicas.  It was his father's and he believes it was correctly appraised as one of the Indy Pace Car replica models.  The VIN number is 6L67S3Q434346.  I am sorry to impose upon you, but would be extremely grateful to have the benefit of your knowledge on this matter.  Thanks very much for your time!

Colin Likens
1973 Eldorado Convertible
2008 DTS
1978 Buick Estate Wagon