News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New style Rotisserie for body off restoration work

Started by auto doug, June 17, 2014, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auto doug

Hi  guys  i'm new to this great site, I've had, and fixed up a few old Caddys  in my day.  i also train young guys in the art of metal work on restoring vintage classics, I'm kinda of a restoration school if you will. So to make restoration work more enjoyable, & efficient  I can up with a new style rotisserie  that  works out great, I call it  "ROLLER HOOP"  just thought I'd let it be known  here on this  site in case anyone might have interest  in making their restoration work easier.  Clearly the pictures are not of a Cadillac, (yet)  for since I developed the Roller hoop  i have not had the opportunity to mount one up,  but the the 63 Galaxy  body  showcases a large size car (such as a Cadillac) it is just as effective as smaller bodies.         
Auto Kraft body & paint
A classic car metal restoration shop,  teaching tomorrows craftsmen to restore yesterdays classics

JoeKarasinski

DeVille68

1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)

tozerco

John Tozer

'37 7513
'37 7533

Quentin Hall

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57flw

Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

Glen

I would assume that after the body is lifted off the frame and is still up, the   rotisserie is assembled around it and attached.  Then the whole thing is lowered on the base/rollers. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

auto doug

Quote from: Glen on July 08, 2014, 01:20:19 AM
I would assume that after the body is lifted off the frame and is still up, the   rotisserie is assembled around it and attached.  Then the whole thing is lowered on the base/rollers.

it has been a while since I had time to visit this site, so busy in the shop training tomorrows craftsmen,  So yes back to the rotisserie the ROLLER HOOP  it is a simple process to mount up a body shell.  Just as mentioned here  once the body shell is lifted up  to appx  33 inch rocker panel height via a lift, or on jack stands and a wooden cart as I use, then place the Hoops in position using the two Hoop holders provided, center the Hoops to the body shell, map out the jigs to be built with masking tape and cut drill and weld the jigs  that you will need all this is covered in the 26 pg handbook and DVD, basic stuff and pretty simple. I'm parting out a 61 4dr series 62 right now that is very rusty if I get time i'll be mounting it up in the Roller Hoop for displaying at events and such maybe next yrs national event even?   My wife did all the patenting process on this product so she and I know how to jump through Hoops as well!           
Auto Kraft body & paint
A classic car metal restoration shop,  teaching tomorrows craftsmen to restore yesterdays classics