News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

58 Fleetwood Limo project

Started by Matt Ferrall, November 12, 2014, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ferrall

Well finally I got the parts I was waiting for. Disk breaks, exhaust and exhaust brackets. I should have the engine back next week. I am looking forward to firing it up next weekend. Hopefully it goes better this time.

Matt Ferrall

Pic.

Matt Ferrall

Got the engine back today. Im getting to try to get it preped primed and painted tonight.

Bobby B

Matt,
  That was pretty a pretty quick turn around on the engine work. What did they wind up doing? Looks Great!
                                                                                                                       Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Matt Ferrall

They rebuilt the whole engine. Turned the crank. 30 over Pistons, bearings, the whole nine yards. They did have to replace the cam. In short they built me a long block. Everything new but the rods an crank. I am about to second coat the block with primer.

Bobby B

Matt,
   Nice…That's gonna run SWEET when it's done! Throw some pics up when you get the motor back together and painted.
                                                                                                                Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Matt Ferrall

I think it turned out pretty good.

Matt Ferrall

Pic

Matt Ferrall

I'm trying to make my pictures smaller. Any ideas?

Bobby B

Matt,
Hi. Sent you a PM.
                   Bobby
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Matt Ferrall

Matt Ferrall

Matt Ferrall

The project is still going on. I'm having to travel quite a bit so I haven't had time to post. I hope everyone is doing well.

carguyblack

I hope you continue to post regularly. Your progress and skill with the project is amazing. I attempted to get a similar result with a body-on restoration and it falls way short to what I see in your photos. I'd love to be able to help you with this. Why can't any of my neighbors be working on something like this that I can get excited about?! The photo of your "goal" car looks enviable. Are you planning on lowering the suspension slightly, too? Couldn't be better!
Looking forward to more progress reports and many thanks for posting.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Matt Ferrall

Will do Chuck. Thank you for your complements and encouragement. I will get those pictures ASAP. I could use all the help I can get.

Matt Ferrall

Matt Ferrall

I hate the way I phone pictures post here. They are huge. I will do it from my computer from now on.

Smedly

When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

Matt Ferrall

Thanks Sheldon. I thought the original set up I had was a little plain. So decided to chrome it up a little bit.

Matt Ferrall

Good morning. I am looking at my list of things I am missing or need to replace for this project and hopefully you guys can help me. I need to find the fowling.
Spare tire trunk metal.
The horizontal sheet metal piece that I call body to rear bumper filler.
It's about three inches wide and fits between the two tail lights.
It's held on with Phillips head screws.
I hope that makes sense.
A good compleat front grill.
Driver side rear door stainless body side molding.
Thank you in advance!
Matt