News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1980 Coupe DeVille. 40k miles.

Started by Squashman, October 10, 2015, 07:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squashman

I have a two owner CDV, almost original everything. Tilt/tele, leather, cruise, wiper delay, 8-track, vaned wheel covers, carpeted floor mats, trunk mat, remote RS heated mirrors, rear window defog, vinyl top, door edge guards, Firemist Sheffield Gray. Absolutely rust free. Light gray leather is in Perfect condition aside from the sagging visor material, Headliner was replaced last year. I bought it last year & performed a coolant flush, trans flush & filter, engine oil/lube/filter, alignment & new front shocks,The right front shock blew when I pulled it off the trailer. There is a paint defect on the decklid, it just looks like it has worn away. A/C has been converted to 134A. I had the exhaust replaced from the Y connection to the bumper with two(single exh) new mufflers. There are no leaks of any sort. It has new front fillers.. This is the nicest CDV of this type I could find(1980-1981) Non smoker owned. I have a lift at home if underside pictures are requested.   Car is located in Lincolnton North Carolina, about 20 minutes outside of Charlotte.   $5950 obo.  704-402-0979

Squashman

This too nice of a car for me to use as a daily driver. Only 2k miles have been racked up in my three year ownership. It's in need of a a new home.

Squashman

Squashman

I need to sell this Cadillac. The wife hates it & me for having it.  Not sure about her thinking....

BJM

Quote from: Squashman on January 08, 2018, 11:58:59 AM
I need to sell this Cadillac. The wife hates it & me for having it.  Not sure about her thinking....

Gee that's a bit extreme to "strongly dislike" someone for owning a certain car.  Very nice car that appears to nit find a buyer on this forum.  I think it's time for an ebay auction or craigs list. 

Based on the one photo and your description, it sounds like a nice car and you have now owned it quite awhile so must have derived some enjoyment from it's ownership, despite your wife's feelings about it. 

I like that color Grey, conservative but pleasant and in this case the light grey leather is a good match. 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Far better chance of selling with plenty of photos all around the car- particularly detailed closeups of typical wear areas such as dash controls- esp of chrome edging on dash (which is so easily ruined by aggressive cleaning), seating (esp driver's), inside trunk, carpeting, interior trim, closeups underhood, exterior chrome, vinyl roof, filler panels etc etc. etc. Should also show of door seams (doors opened, bottom) to show absence or presence of rust. No mention if repainted or original paint.

Location should ALWAYS be stated.

GLWS.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Squashman

You make a valid argument. I am normally pretty thorough with my ad descriptions. I don’t know why I overlooked all this on this one. Thank you very much, I’m going to post some further information. I hope you have a great day.

Squashman

gross707

Squasman,
You say in your narrative that the front shock blew...have you replaced it yet?
Gerald Ross

Squashman

Yes. I replaced both with KYB units.  The sentence before the comma describes the front alignment and new front shocks.   I just took the car on a 600 mile round-trip to and from Myrtle Beach South Carolina. It rides more comfortably than my 2008 DTS. I need the garage space.

Uhegej

Does this car have an HT4100 engine?
John Hegedus

1979 Fleetwood Brougham

Squashman

Uhegej

so is the 6.0 as good as a 70's 425?
John Hegedus

1979 Fleetwood Brougham

It is the same engine just bored out less than the 425 (7.0).  HP is supposed to be 150 down from 180 but still has plenty of torque so no annoying downshifting up hills. Not a road rocket (not that the 425 was either) but perfectly adequate for the task of moving these cars the manner they were intended to be driven.

1980 RWD is a very nice Cadillac and relatively rare. BTW The cover car for the 1980 Cadillac Sales Brochure was a Coupe deVille - in Sheffield Grey Firemist.

Squashman

The car will maintain highway speed’s without concern. On  elevation changes it’ll lose some of its momentum but never kicks down into passing year with the cruise control set at 65 mph.  When I received it I set the timing and did a full service/tune on the car. Had new exhaust system installed with two mufflers in place of the catalytic converter.  It is amazing what a little bit of time and unstopping the exhaust will do for these cars.

J

I really like this car, kind of a dream car for me, I just don't have the $$$ right now, hopefully it gets a good new owner from the club and I can keep up with its future history with one day Me being able to purchase.  so whoever buys this think of it as money in the bank :)
Cadillac got me!!!

Squashman

^^^^^^^^I hate to see it go. If it had dual comfort reclining seats & was an Aqua/Teal with white I'd probably never let it go.

Squashman

The car has sold. I can honestly say this Coupe DeVille was one of the absolute nicest 1980 I’ve seen. I spent 2 years looking & have seen dozens of “perfect” cars. Someone got an amazing car.