News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1903 Cadillac for sale - you don't see this everyday!

Started by Mike Baillargeon #15848, August 13, 2017, 02:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

wrench

I have no first hand experience with Brass Era cars, but do like them.

Is that a spittoon on the floor of that thing?
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

gmurph

Not to be too picky, but for $160k, don't you think it would have been a good idea to take it outside and detail it beofre taking and posting photos?
Greg Murphy CLC#24416

1941 60S
1952 Dodge B3F
1972 Coupe de Ville

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: wrench on August 14, 2017, 07:54:46 AM
I have no first hand experience with Brass Era cars, but do like them.

Is that a spittoon on the floor of that thing?

I think your right Jim, that does look like a spittoon.......I don't think that was an option that came with the car.......judging from the garage organization , it might have fallen off a shelf and just landed there..haha

Just looking at that hand crank next to it makes my shoulder hurt.

Quote from: gmurph on August 14, 2017, 08:16:09 AM
Not to be too picky, but for $160k, don't you think it would have been a good idea to take it outside and detail it beofre taking and posting photos?

I agree Greg but, finding and making a path to get the car outside would probably be a large undertaking.

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Glen

Need to be cautions with this one.  The seller has 12 cars for sale but has 0 (zero) feedback.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Mike Baillargeon #15848

The price came down some.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1903-Cadillac-Other/253109426474?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

New listing......negative feedback......oh boy......look out!

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Joe Konarowski

Quote from: Glen on August 15, 2017, 02:39:58 AM
Need to be cautions with this one.  The seller has 12 cars for sale but has 0 (zero) feedback.   
He has feed back but it is negative.

Glen

The feedback is recent.  Someone claims the car the seller is selling is his and the seller does not own it.  The listing was ended “….. by the seller because there was an error in the listing.” 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

yachtflame

The same guy had a 1948 Jaguar MK IV on eBay for $40k. I found it actually for sale in WA for $18k. Talked to the dealership that was listing it and found out the guy on eBay didn't own it. He was trying to preselling it before buying it. They made him take down to auction and I bought the car from them.
Beware of the guy!!!!
On Nother note, if anyone is familiar with the MK IV, I'd be interested in talking with them. My second Jag. I've found it very handy to have a back seat....someplace for the mechanic to sit! 🙄
Wayne
CLC #17075
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

35-709

I have a 1950 Mark V I am resto-modding.  Getting close to finished. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

gary griffin

According to his prefix he is near Muskegan Michigan, and his eBay home page says he has over 20 websites and a large garage full of classic cars that he sells all over the world.  Very interesting, either a good vendor or a schemer??

I normally fly to location and buy in person for large purchases. The last time I did not do that and depended on pictures, the car was beautiful but I had a large bill replacing the sun baked upholstery.

I have inspected cars in the Seattle area for club members also, no fee just a little fun looking at old local Cadillac's  I inspected a Beautiful Cadillac Pick up Mirage conversion and tried jokingly to tell the club member it was a hunk of junk so I could buy it, but my laughter on the phone clued him in and he was well pleased with the car.

I am sure many club member are willing to do this also so if considering a long distance purchase consider you directory and see if a local member would be willing to do that?  I am about 20 miles south of Seattle and nearer to Tacoma and usually available as I am retired.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

yachtflame

This was a good suggestion that I should have thought of. I just bought the 1948 Jaguar MK V that this clown had listed. I found the dealership that was selling it, Premier Motors in Tacoma, WA. The fellow there sounded and seems honest and helpful. This is the first time buying a running car that I didn't look at first. I'm hoping it's in as good a shape as I was told. I don't know when it will be shipped, hopefully picked up by the end of next week.
Wayne
CLC #17057
340-998-5199
catamaranvictoria@yahoo.com
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

gary griffin

That would have been an easy one for me to look at for you Wayne.  I live in a city called Federal Way and Tacoma shares our south border while we are south of Seattle about 20 miles.

I like the old Jags and have had a few.
Gary Griffin

Jeff Wilk

Garys suggestion is the best and Gary is one stand up guy and jokester!!!  Im the one he checked the Mirage out for and to this day I still tell folks the story about how he and the seller pranked me over the phone while he was there and I was 3,000 miles away in NJ 🤗🤡😛😂😂. 

You're still the best Gary!!!

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

gary griffin

Glad you enjoyed the Mirage Jeff. It was a steal at the price you got it for in my humble opinion.
Gary Griffin

yachtflame

The '48 Jag MK V is still sitting at Premier Motors in Tacoma waiting to get picked up. I'm getting anxious to see and drive it!
Wayne
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075