News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

wanted Dead or Alive! 1931 gas tank

Started by yachtflame, August 24, 2017, 08:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

I'm in need of a 1931 gas tank. I really just need the filler neck but will buy a complete tank in any condition. If you have even heard of the possibility of some one thinking they remember hearing of one, please contact me!
Wayne
CLC #17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You might try giving former President Lester Wax a call. He is into '31 LaSalles. You can find his # in your Directory. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

yachtflame

I tried Lester a few months ago. I just can't believe that no one has an extra 1931 gas tank. I realize that some parts are real hard to find...but a gas tank??
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Wayne, very few members use the Forum. Were I you, I would get out the Directory with a beverage of your choice and simply start calling members with the years that the tank would fit. It is possible that 1930-32 tanks would fit as well. Please arrange the timing of your calls to not interfere with meals or bed times. Over the years, I have found that most, if not all members will accept cold calls to talk about their cars and sell un-needed spare parts. Best of luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Captain Wayne, 

I'm pretty sure, a guy with your skills, could make that filler neck your looking for....no?

Mike   
Mike
Baillargeon

yachtflame

Referring to the last two questions, I sold a 1930 tank to a fellow who also paid to have it shipped to PA. Turns out that the 1930 tank neck is a larger sized neck then the '31. I'm just trying to make good on what I sold. I have a 100% money back guarantee on all of my parts but the buyer decide that instead of returning it, if I can find the correct sized neck, he'd remove the current one and weld on the new one.
So if any one can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Wayne, when I typed "would probably fit," I really knew that you would know the difference. Sorry about that. I certainly applaud what you're trying to do for your customer. Again, best of luck finding the item.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

yachtflame

Some body has to have a lead to one of these tanks around. Please help!!
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Mike Baillargeon #15848

My turn around jumper at the buzzer is Ted Raines in Cali.

Good Luck !!

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

yachtflame

Mike,
I'll try and get in touch with him. I'm still trying to make good on an incorrect tank sale.

Wayne
CLC#17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

yachtflame

Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Joe Konarowski

Jeffrey 913-523-5183 if he does not have one it does not exist.