News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Eldorado Brougham

Started by SK903, September 02, 2017, 04:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

attention moderators:
this might make a very interesting pole. i would love to see the results. of course i do not know if poles are allowed on this site.

how many of you would pass on the car you now have if you didn't like the body/interior color.

ciao,
mario caimotto

Quentin Hall

When we were kids or neighbors scrimped and saved for an "exotic" leather couch. Finally they got it. But then it was too exotic to sit on so they covered it completely in a special linen couch cover, which in turn was too good to sit on, so it got covered with a heavy tartan blankets, which we were all told to never sit on. Nobody ever sat on it.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

gkhashem

I have two cars that I am fairly certain were covered in vinyl.

One was removed before I got it. The 1959 Coupe Deville, I can tell it had a cover since the metal bar behind the rear seat has a wear line on the high point of the green metal strip. I then saw a car still covered and noticed the cover was attached to that metal strip. So the wear mark was a rub line most likely.

The other is still covered. My 1964 Oldsmobile 98.

The moral of the story is this. I am glad they covered since I now have original excellent interiors. If they did not I would not have an almost show car upholstery.

So I am thankful people did cover their seats so now I and others can enjoy and marvel at how well perserved they are.

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

chrisntam

When I was looking for my '70, I was a no go on a white exterior or any exterior color with a white interior.

Pass.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas